Views
Comments
Solved
Issues rendering  one to many on a table
Application Type
Traditional Web
Platform Version

Hello everyone

I'm new to the platform, I got brought here by an Youtube Add and I thought this was a fantastic way to improve what I do with excel in my small business, i have experience with Mysql, basic queries merges, so I thought I could handle something basic.

However, after 12 hours of searching the documentation, watching many available videos and trying to avoid asking for help I'm really on my last rope.

I cant figure how to make render properly the attached table (which is a merger of  have 2 data tables)

- 1 with records I get from an Excel, it has a
Domain Name, GB consumed, NumberofInboxes

The other table is  a new table that will populate the relationship between

Cliente & Domain Name, So I can relate Domain Name between them

In this case, "Client" can have many domain names, Also I need to have a summary of how many domains a client have, and how much space/inbox they each hold.

I already do this with dynamic tables in excel, its really easy,  however data entry is a pain so I figured I could make an app to make it look nicer and add some needed features. 

Any pointer or tutorial I might have missed?

Example.jpg

Solution

You will need a webblock to show the details

See the attached sample oml.

Webblocks.oml

Solution

Hello Micaela,

Hope you're doing well.

In that scenario, you will need a Block for that purpose. A Block is a reusable UI widget that you may use in your screens.

In your case, that Block will contain a secondary list, which you will use inside your first list (place the Block in the right column).

That Block would need an additional Aggregate (query) in order to fetch the data that you pretend (client domains, consumed GBs, Buzones, etc.). Additionally, that Block will need to have your client as an Input Parameter, since you will need to use it in your Aggregate to filter your data only for that specific client.

So the value that you will use for that block's input parameter is the current value of your original table:

TableRecords1.List.Current.Client

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello Micaela,

Your groupBy and Sum are correct, maybe is  missing a correct join, see the screenshot of how to do the joins.

Hello thanks for answering!

No, the table results work correct for me (in that lovely wizard), that's how I want my data arranged in the report that the user has to see. IN fact i have the join working like that,

The thing is I cant figure out how to render that on screen! Why would they offer such a cool wizard but if you want to print that exact stuff is an nightmare to render it?

this is how it should look

The thing is that the "aggregate" i made in preparation will only keep the grouped records, and it doesn't let me refer to the other columns anymore

FOllowing some advice I found in an obscure unresolved post of 2 years ago, i tried to make a variable and have an agregation load the current Id row in the variable  and then have the cell row loading from it

But I cant figure out how to do that either.

Solution

You will need a webblock to show the details

See the attached sample oml.

Webblocks.oml

Solution

Hello Micaela,

Hope you're doing well.

In that scenario, you will need a Block for that purpose. A Block is a reusable UI widget that you may use in your screens.

In your case, that Block will contain a secondary list, which you will use inside your first list (place the Block in the right column).

That Block would need an additional Aggregate (query) in order to fetch the data that you pretend (client domains, consumed GBs, Buzones, etc.). Additionally, that Block will need to have your client as an Input Parameter, since you will need to use it in your Aggregate to filter your data only for that specific client.

So the value that you will use for that block's input parameter is the current value of your original table:

TableRecords1.List.Current.Client

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

This is exactly what I wanted!

you have no idea how much this helped me and I'm very grateful,

You guys just made a stranger's week :D

thank you both for the time, to Rui for explaining and Huarlem thanks for uploading a sample! :)