Comments
Solved
[Advance Query] Timeout - always 10 seconds will throw the Timeout error
Forge component by Paulo Fagundes Jr.
Published on 20 Dec 2019
Application Type
Traditional Web, Reactive

Hi All,

I am using Advance Query download from Forge. It is very good and useful.

But i have a problem, when i running a Store Procedure, it always fail with TIMEOUT error. but it mention default is 30's. but the query always take 10 seconds it throw the timeout error already. Even u try to set the timeout to 9999999 , it always throws error with Timeout error when 10 seconds. Any idea how to fix? is it able to fix this plug in in Integration studio?

Thank you

Solution

Halo Alexander,

We are using MS SQL. I found the problem, it have a SERVER REQUEST TIME in RUN SERVER ACTION, by default is set 10 secs only.

So, I can change it to any timing like 180 seconds. when it is a big data while waiting from server side response, it have enough time to wait and without prompt timed up error.

Thank you

sample.png

Nice. Glad you have found a solution!

Hi Jing,

What kind of database are you using? Although we can set a preferred timeout it can also be set by the database administrator itself.

For example see the document for sql server here.

In that case the timeout is  forced on the database end, and we are not able to change that if we don't have certain roles.

Hope this helps you along your way.

Kind regards,

Alexander

Solution

Halo Alexander,

We are using MS SQL. I found the problem, it have a SERVER REQUEST TIME in RUN SERVER ACTION, by default is set 10 secs only.

So, I can change it to any timing like 180 seconds. when it is a big data while waiting from server side response, it have enough time to wait and without prompt timed up error.

Thank you

sample.png

Nice. Glad you have found a solution!