Views
Comments
Deep link push notification does not always work (Firebase Mobile plugin)
Application Type
Mobile
Service Studio Version
11.9.1 (Build 33435)
Platform Version
11.9.0 (Build 17011)

Hello everyone,

Deep link push notification with Firebase Mobile plugin is not work 100% on Android and sometime also on iOS, 

In Android, when the mobile app is not yet started (not exist in recent task manager), the push notification deep link parameter can be received and it will redirected to the specific screen.

Meanwhile if the app is closed but it exists in recent task manager, when receiving another push notification it won't redirect to any page. Just stay in the home screen.

Also, when the mobile app is in foreground or being used, there is no native pop up push notification retrieved, I wonder is this the plugin behaviour or not? Can I change it by modifying the plugin? Is there any solution or workaround to achieve the deep link feature with Firebase Mobile?

I have a  sample demo video on how it behaves with our current project app, here's the link: https://drive.google.com/open?id=16uW3BdW8LadYzJWZq6Ec8V8tVwhv_1fl

And I've attached an .oml file to show how I implemented the plugin. Thank you.

DeeplinkingApp.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi @Aditya,  I have  simular issue in reactive web apps where my email links never open the right screen. So, I discover an interesting thing.  In the Splash screen for Mobile and Reactive apps the OnComplete event calls the action Navigate and this action redirects to  window.location.pathname. 

The issue here is the pathname don't returns the parameters. In my case I replace the GetURL in the Navigate action to  window.location.href . So , now my links are working when my app was closed before.

Check your splash to do the same and let me know if this could be the reason.

Regards

Fabio