Views
Comments
Examples of complex forms

Hello,

I am new here and just evaluating what's possible.  A lot of the samples I can find are what I would call simple, consumer-facing forms, designed to look slick on a multitude of screen sizes.  But historically we have delivered more complex, business forms that often contain many fields, tabs, dynamic tables etc. so they don't lend themselves to responsive mobile viewing, but that's fine for the intended users as they will be sat at computers.

Are there any examples more like this that I can look at?

Thanks.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Alan,

Not sure about the examples of complex screen but with Outsystems you can design almost every type of complex screen. What you called is complex again depends upon the individuals definition.

Outsystems has so many built in templates and pattern like tabs , navigation wizards,expan collapse and many more which can be quickly used in the screen.

You can also go through the https://outsystemsui.outsystems.com/OutsystemsUiWebsite/  to see what all App templates , Screen templates and UI pattern are available Out of the box .

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Alan ,

Understand your point as you don’t see any example but I built so many application using Outsystems with very complex screen having so many field and different control , multiple tabs with each tab having many different field and controls.

I did an application for manufacturing of an engineering product for which they have a lot of fields and calculations having like excel sheet.

I never came across a situation where I found limitation at UI side.

I wish I could share some of the screen shot but we do everything for customers and under NDAs so cannot share anything.

Regards,

-PJ-

mvp_badge
MVP

Outsystems will help you with almost everything as you want to learn about platform and looking for it’s capabilities.

Are you already using Outsystems or evaluating the platform ?

Regards,

-PJ-

Hi Alan,

Every app is different. The way your app adapts to a specific device is, therefore, unique. To address this, outsystem offers a set of adaptive patterns. These patterns will give you full control of the way your application will look on different screen sizes, allowing for different settings in landscape or portrait for phones and tablets.

There are columns responsive structure using that we can create responsive screens and for tables we have responsive tables available in OS. You can use this adaptive patterns from the link which is shared in above post.

Hope this helps

Thanks

AD

Oh no, I don't meant to blame the tool and certainly not the community; I really appreciate all your input and for the right audience I don't doubt the system is great.

See the attached example. I'm not saying it is good design or even a good example, it's just what I had to hand, but as you will see there is a lot going on here (and each of the 5 other tabs has equally as much as the current one).  Typically these are very <table> heavy and I know you can do this without tables in a responsive friendly way and each of the fields on here can equally be done within OutSystem, but I have yet to see something as complex as this built in a responsive way (within OutSystems or anything else for that matter)!

Screen.jpg

Hi Alan,

Your concern is totaly wrong that OS is too much oriented responsive  mobile display, If you know the adaptive behaviour is depends on device from which request is coming from it will modify the Interface according to css and JS ( desktop ,mobile or tablet.)

I not see any issues in this behaviour it will provide a rich UI with usability and accessibility .  

Hope this helps

Thanks

AD