Views
Comments
Solved
[BigZip] How do I GET ZIP BINARY so I can attach it?
Forge component by Carlos Alfaro
Application Type
Traditional Web

Greetings,

As you can see in my screenshot, I created the zip and added file to it and saved, but how do I GET ZIP BINARY so I can attach it?

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

From the screenshot you shared, I cannot see how the local variable BinaryData gets its content. That probably explains that you see the zipfile is empty.

The ZipCreate/ZipSave already create a file, stored at the ZipCreate.FilePathCreated.

You need to use the FileSystem.File_ReadBinary method to get the file from that path, and then use File.ReadBinary.Content  as the input for your AttachFile action.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks! Works! Great plugin!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

You need to retrieve the ZIP file from disk, and then use the result binary on the FilelContent of the Email widget.

You can use: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem

Alternatively you could use the OutSystems ZipAPI, that doesn't require additional Forge components, to fulfill the job.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks! Am I using the wrong FileSystem action? The sent zip is empty.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

From the screenshot you shared, I cannot see how the local variable BinaryData gets its content. That probably explains that you see the zipfile is empty.

The ZipCreate/ZipSave already create a file, stored at the ZipCreate.FilePathCreated.

You need to use the FileSystem.File_ReadBinary method to get the file from that path, and then use File.ReadBinary.Content  as the input for your AttachFile action.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks! Works! Great plugin!

Final:

Hi,

Can anyone please provide working traditional web app for BigZip and send it to email as attachment?

My requirement is same like this and i am new to outsystems so it will be really helpful to have working app for reference.

Thanks,

Ash

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Asha,

Since YS provided screen shots, you can already see how this could be handled?

That said, do you really need BigZip? BigZip is especially for handling very large ZIP archives (100MiB or larger), and those can't typically be e-mailed because of their size. You should consider using the normal Zip Extension that comes with the Platform, if you want to manipulate ZIP archives that can be send by e-mail.

Hi kilian,

My requirement is to send one compressed folder Inside that there will be total 50 folders and each folder will contain documents which can be of any size like 2MB or more than that.

So can u recommend which one is good to use Big zip or normal zip? Also it will be good if u can send normal zip extension example.

Thanks,

Asha

mvp_badge
MVP

With e-mail there's typically a limit of around 10-20 MiB per e-mail, so I'd advise you to use the normal Zip Extension, not BigZip, as it will be easier and faster. As for an example of that, I'd advise you to check the documentation, it's not that complicated, but if you need some pointers, please start a new topic in the general forum.

Hi Kilian,

Thanks for reply.. I will check documentation.

Can you please send me documentation link of ZIP?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Asha,

I'm very surprised by this, but it seems there isn't any documentation :(. But please start a new topic for this, as it's off-topic for this one. I'll close this topic now.

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.