Views
Comments
Solved
[BigZip] How do I GET ZIP BINARY so I can attach it?
Forge component by Carlos Alfaro
Published on 14 Dec 2020
Application Type
Traditional Web

Greetings,

As you can see in my screenshot, I created the zip and added file to it and saved, but how do I GET ZIP BINARY so I can attach it?

Thanks

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

From the screenshot you shared, I cannot see how the local variable BinaryData gets its content. That probably explains that you see the zipfile is empty.

The ZipCreate/ZipSave already create a file, stored at the ZipCreate.FilePathCreated.

You need to use the FileSystem.File_ReadBinary method to get the file from that path, and then use File.ReadBinary.Content  as the input for your AttachFile action.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

You need to retrieve the ZIP file from disk, and then use the result binary on the FilelContent of the Email widget.

You can use: https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/68/filesystem

Alternatively you could use the OutSystems ZipAPI, that doesn't require additional Forge components, to fulfill the job.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi,

From the screenshot you shared, I cannot see how the local variable BinaryData gets its content. That probably explains that you see the zipfile is empty.

The ZipCreate/ZipSave already create a file, stored at the ZipCreate.FilePathCreated.

You need to use the FileSystem.File_ReadBinary method to get the file from that path, and then use File.ReadBinary.Content  as the input for your AttachFile action.

Regards,

Daniel

Final: