Views
Comments
[Dropdown Tags Demo Example] Dropdown tags lead to error when navigating (cannot read propoerty 'options' of null)
Forge component by Salman Ansari
Published on 14 May 2020
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.9.2 (Build 34232)

I have problem with the dropdown tags, most of them are now solved with the update of OutsystemsUI to the 2.6.0 version. However, I keep seeing the error  'Cannot read property 'options' of null when navigation from the screen with the dropdown tags to another screen.

If I look in the browser console I see a warning before I get the 'Cannot read property 'options' of null. The warning I see first is 'Trying to initialise Choices on element already initialized'. The red error message 'Cannot read property 'options' of null' pops up as soon as I navigate to another screen. I do not always get the warning and error, but only in specific cases. I do not get this error if I use the menu items. I get the error if use the main logo to navigate to the home screen. 

I am not sure if the navigation is the problem or it has something to do with the widgets itself. 

Does someone know this bug and know how to solve it?

Hi Natalie,

For dropdown list you have a OnChange property , from there you can take OnChange action and in that you can set destination.  if you didn't find this is solution as you want then share some screen shots or oml  . so, that can i suggest