Views
Comments
Upgrade and Moving OutSystems Platform Server to a new server and new database
Platform Version

Hi all,

I would like to check on how Upgrade and Moving OutSystems Platform Server to a new server and new database?

Current there are 2 production on premise server (version 10 and windows server 2012) running as deployment controller and frontend. The database server is still running in oracle 11g.

I want to upgrade to outsystems 11 and moving the the OutSystems Platform Server to a new server and new database.

The 3 new on premise VM server (running in windows server 2019). I plan to install the new outsystems 11 in these 3 new machine (1 Lifetime, 1 deployment controller, 1 front end) and migrate the current production version 10 to these new production outsystems 11 server. 

The current oracle 11g database also will be cloned and restored to a new database oracle 19c.

For the migration, are direct fresh installation outsystem 11 and connect to the new 19c production database would be sufficient to ensure all current production outsystems 10 customised extension and applications code and data are migrated?

Thank you so much for the help

Hi Ronny,

A lot of factors are involved in the upgrade of the platform.

I suggest you to take a look at this documentation about how to Upgrade the platform.

Version 10 and 11 don't have a lot of breaking changes between them so it should be a smooth process. However there may be some particularities on your environment that pays off a visit in the documentation to make sure nothing will go wrong and you plan it in the right way.

About the migration there is another tech note that may help, see it here.

My personal suggestion is that you first migrate your DataBase using a clone and configure it on the new VM, still using OutSystems version 10, and after it, upgrade the platform installing the version 11 of platform server in this new VM.

After that you will mainly need to stabilize your code, making sure to republish your whole factory.

Let me know if you have any specific question, even after reaching the docs, and we can try to help you in a better way.

Cheers and Regards,

RR :)