23
Views
6
Comments
Solved
Cannot publish. Keep on getting "Compilation error. Fatal error CS0009"

Hello. I was supposed to have a critical demo today with shareholders but when I tried publishing my changes I kept on getting a:

Internal Error

Compilation Error.

fatal error CS0009: Metadata file 'c:\OutSystems\share\ToraApp\full\bin\MyApp.dll' could not be opened -- 'An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. '

State: Second stage compilation

What I tried to see to be able to publish was:

  • Tried opening another version that was previously published, and then making changes on said version and republish. (Yielded to a successful publish)
  • Opening successfully published version and then "Compare and Merge with another version or File" to merge my changes to published version (Failed to publish)
  • Updating references and tried republishing (failed)
  • Removing references, readding, and then retried publishing (failed)
  • Sent my oml file to a colleague asking them to publish (failed)

I am thinking it might be my oml file. But I am not too versed to determine if it really is. There are some critical changes that I cannot afford to lose within this oml file so redoing things from scratch is unacceptable...

Is there something Im missing? Would appreciate any help. Thank you.

Rank: #19831
Solution

Appreciate the responses.

I've successfully published everything but finding the root cause was not something I achieved. I have a hunch however, that it is because of the volume of changes I had between my local oml and the published version.

What I did to publish everything was open 3 instances of service studio. 

The first instance shows the changes between the published and my local oml. I used this as my reference.

The second instance I had was used to publish things incrementally.

And the last instance I had was just to open the local oml.

I then, one by one, copied small increments of my changes (based on my reference) from the instance that has the local copy open to the one that publishes. Sometimes I could upload as much as 3~4 changes, but it also came to a time that I could only upload one at a time. It was excruciating.

Possible culprits of "huge changes" were, big logic components, variables that are large structures that hold more than 5 entities/structures inside.

I am glad that things have been "resolved" (probably forgot to copy some things but better than starting from scratch again.)

This experience has been very frustrating and highkey traumatizing. This is my first year using the platform and I can't believe it can't handle a huge amount of changes.

Hi,

You should open support ticket to Outsystems.

Regards

Shashikant Shukla

Rank: #361

What you could do is try to merge smaller parts and see how far can get to have a published module and to determine the rootcause of the error.

Good luck,


Hans

Rank: #19831
Solution

Appreciate the responses.

I've successfully published everything but finding the root cause was not something I achieved. I have a hunch however, that it is because of the volume of changes I had between my local oml and the published version.

What I did to publish everything was open 3 instances of service studio. 

The first instance shows the changes between the published and my local oml. I used this as my reference.

The second instance I had was used to publish things incrementally.

And the last instance I had was just to open the local oml.

I then, one by one, copied small increments of my changes (based on my reference) from the instance that has the local copy open to the one that publishes. Sometimes I could upload as much as 3~4 changes, but it also came to a time that I could only upload one at a time. It was excruciating.

Possible culprits of "huge changes" were, big logic components, variables that are large structures that hold more than 5 entities/structures inside.

I am glad that things have been "resolved" (probably forgot to copy some things but better than starting from scratch again.)

This experience has been very frustrating and highkey traumatizing. This is my first year using the platform and I can't believe it can't handle a huge amount of changes.

Rank: #361

Hi, 

I can imagine it is frustrating, I've experienced publish problems before as well, but those problems have been fixed by OutSystems in all the new versions. I don't think it has to do with the big amount of changes, it might be something else, so I suggest to contact OutSystems support so that they can analyze the problem and fix it in a new release. 

Good to hear that you managed to fix it.

Don't forget to mark the question as 'solved'.

An for now, since you can continue coding: Happy low-coding.

Regards, 

Hans

Rank: #17363


I have encountered a similar issue several times in the last few days. I think I started seeing this problem after the last platform upgrade on my personal environment on 11/27, but I am not sure. I am sure though that I didn't see this problem until the last couple of weeks.


So far, I have been solving this problem by creating and publishing a solution in the Service Center, whenever this problem appears. It solves the problem for a few days and I am able to use 1-Click Publish. See the 1-Click Publish results for my app after publishing a _all solution today.

I hope that this problem disappears after the next platform upgrade. I agree with you that it is very frustrating.

I will post an update if this problem recurs. I would also like someone else to try and confirm this solution. Thanks.