Views
Comments
Solved
Adding MultiSelect Feature in dropdown
Application Type
Reactive

Hello , I'm new to OutSystems

I wanted to add multi select feature in my AddEmployee Screen so that the user can select multiple roles and the first selected role is stored in the Employees Entity while the other selected roles must be stored in the RoleMap Entity with the respected EmployeeId for the same person .

I'm attaching the .oml file with the question . 

Thank You,

Regards ,

Rahul Gupta

DropDownCheckBoxMultiSelect.oap

Solution

Hello Rahul,

I'm happy to help, please make the concerned changes in your SaveOnClick action. As we need to loop through selected Roles we need ForEach widget after Employee creation to create RoleMaps:

Also make sure that your RoleMst entity is having records for mapping and selecting in Dropdown widget.

Please find the attached OAP for your reference.

Regards,
Nikhil

DropDownCheckBox.oap

Hello Rahul,

Welcome to OutSystems community. I went through your OAP and your application is in a reactive platform. Reactive platform has a widget known as dropdown tags.

I have implemented the widget in your code. Please go through it first and let me know if you have any other doubts. For more information, please go through the documentation of the widget here: Dropdown Tags

I have also attached the OAP implementation. Hope it helps!

Regards,
Nikhil Purohit.

DropDownCheckBox.oap

Hello Nikhil ,

You have solved my issue , Thank You : )

But I'm unable to save the dropdown selected records into my Employee and RoleMap Entities .

I have done some changes from my side like selecting the roles from my dropdown entity and attaching the new OML below this . Cna you also help me in storing the first selected role in the Employees entity role attribute and also storing all the selected roles into the RoleMap entity with the same Employee Id .

Thanking You ,

Regards ,

Rahul gupta

DropDownCheckBoxMultiSelect.oap

Solution

Hello Rahul,

I'm happy to help, please make the concerned changes in your SaveOnClick action. As we need to loop through selected Roles we need ForEach widget after Employee creation to create RoleMaps:

Also make sure that your RoleMst entity is having records for mapping and selecting in Dropdown widget.

Please find the attached OAP for your reference.

Regards,
Nikhil

DropDownCheckBox.oap

Thanks Nikhil for your fast response and help : )

Regards,

Rahul Gupta

HI Rahul,

As Nikhil said, you have Dropdown tags to select multiple user from a dropdown. Here i have shared a link with you to how to use this widget.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Mobile_and_Reactive_Patterns/Dropdown_Tags

Hope it helps, Thanks :)

Hi Shweta,

The link has already been shared here:

Thanks for the assistance though.

Regards,
Nikhil

Hello Shweta ,

Thank for assistance : )

Regards,

Rahul gupta