Solved
[Screen orientation manipulation Mobile] Problem with fixing screen orientation
Question
Forge component by Fábio Rodrigues
Published on 23 Nov 2019
Application Type
Mobile

Hi,

Thanks for sharing this component with the community.

Ik tried to use this component in my environment. However, this component doesn't seem to work in a test application.

I've created a sample test module. I've tested it with multiple MABS versions (7, 6.3 and 5.5). 

The getOrientation action works fine. Fixing the screen orientation (either portrait or landscape) doesn't seem to work on my Samsung table A10.1 (Android 9.0).

Could you help me out?

Please find attached my sample module.

Kind regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

TestScreenOrientation.oml

Solution

Hi 

,I solved the issue. It is the same issue as in another screen orientation component (see https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/66441/locking-not-working/). Thanks Rui Lopes for sharing this with us.

Matthieu de Graaf

Hello Matthieu,

Hope you're doing well.

As an alternative for your needs, you may use GetDeviceOrientation function from OutSystemsUI module:

If you want to fix your screen orientation, you can also do it using the Extensibility Configurations of your app's module:

You will need to generate new builds and reinstall the app again in the device in order to test it.

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hi Rui,

Thanks for your swift answer.  Good to know that there is also a way to get the screen orientation in a more standard way. 

In  my use case I want to fix the screen orientation dynamically.  In your method this isn't possible I presume, so I'll like the functionality of this or an equivalent functionality in another component.

Kind regards,

Matthieu de Graaf

Solution

Hi 

,I solved the issue. It is the same issue as in another screen orientation component (see https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/66441/locking-not-working/). Thanks Rui Lopes for sharing this with us.

Matthieu de Graaf