Views
Comments
Solved
SQL output variable
Question

Hi 

This is properly a newbee question, but I havn't been able to find the right way to do it in the guides.

How do I get an list of data out from my SQL in a  Server Action, so I can use it in my Client Action? 

I think, I right now just override the output variable in my server action loop, so I just get the last one in my output variable instead of a list, but I'n not sure that is the problem...

I also supect my assign the the Client Action to be faulty, it is made that way because I don't get a list as output from the Server Action.

Server Action

Client Action

Solution

Hi Claus,

Your server action must have a list as an output parameter.

This 'For Each' is also not necessary. You can assign the result of the query directly to a variable of type list, without having to iterate the result of the query.

See this sample oml.

List.oml

Hello Claus,

Hope you're doing well.

Most likely, your output of the Server Action should be a List variable.

Since your query just retrieves the Id and the Name attributes from your AvailableSkills entity, you should probably consider to create a Structure with those 2 attributes. And then you can use a List of that structure as an output parameter in your Server Action.

In your loop, you'll need to use a ListAppend system action:

Where you should append the elements of your SQL query to that List variable.

You may also consider to use ListAppendAll action instead, just to avoid the loop :)

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hi Claus,

Your server action must have a list as an output parameter.

This 'For Each' is also not necessary. You can assign the result of the query directly to a variable of type list, without having to iterate the result of the query.

See this sample oml.

List.oml

Thank you guys for quick and good answers. :)

What I needed was to set the output variables Data Type to a list, as you mentions.