Views
Comments
Debug not work in android device
Question

Debugging for (Android Device) start even there is no device connected to laptop, I couldn't debug my Main App.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Balqis,

To debug your app on a mobile device, the device needs to be connected to USB and debugging needs to be enabled on your device.

For more instructions read 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Troubleshooting_Applications/Debugging_Applications

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel,

Me and several other people from other projects also noticed this for the past 2~3 weeks, the debugger always worked but lately it stopped working on android devices.

The phone is connected correctly, the debugger on Service Studio starts, but it simply doesn't stop on breakpoints.

I'm using Service Studio v11.10.4 (build 36716) and tested on both android 9 and android 10 devices

Cheers,

André

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Yes the problem is already reported to OutSystems, and with the next update (in 2 weeks) the problem will be probably be fixed.

The problem is introduced from version 11.10.1 upwards.

If you install version 11.10.0 client side debugging in your device will work.

Make sure if you install 11.10.0, to switch of the autoupdate feature of ServiceStudio.

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel,

That's great, I commented here because I wasn't able to find any other follow-up to this topic but I'm glad it's been taken care of.

Thanks for your help with the workaround too.

Cheers,

André