Views
Comments
Where to find the below aggregate error?
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi Folks,

I'm getting following error while testing my aggregate output. Where can I see detailed info of this error like exact which column is causing this issue?

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

Could you please show us what filter you have applied in your aggregate?

Hello Shweta,

This is the filter I used : 

But the question is about where can I find the error ? I could sort out the issue if I can see detailed info of the error, but as it is showing while testing, I cannot see in service center.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Well, 

As this is only preview going wrong, maybe you can publish and test your app with same id 1011.

Maybe you'll get the same error and can then check in service center.

Hi Dorine,

I'm not getting any error while publishing and also while debugging to GetData flow. I'm just not getting data on my page. So I'm very much relying on this test feature as it is the only place I' seeing this error.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sanjay,

Do you have any calculated columns in there? An error like that shouldn't appear when simply displaying the content of an entity.

Hi Sanjay,

Based on the error, it looks like you are converting an attribute having binary data type to text (nvarchar/varchar) in your aggregate? Do you have any calculated attribute in your aggregate?

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

Hello Kilian and Sachin,

There is no calculated column in aggregate perhaps it does have groups and I'm also grouping Binary Data to get it in result along with other grouped columns. Can it be a reason? But when I debug, I can see aggregate is properly fetching data, though not showing in screen.

Thanks,

Sanjay

Hi Sanjay,

It might be the case since you are grouping Binary data with other text attributes causing this issue. Another question where do you displaying the binary data on screen and which control you have used to display the binary data?

Thanks & Regards,

Sachin

mvp_badge
MVP

Sachin,

It's not possible to "group binary data with other text attributes", grouping is always on a single column/attribute!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Sanjay,

To debug this, I'd start with a simple aggregate that works, and then add complexity in steps, and see where it goes wrong. Without knowing what exactly causes this error, it's difficult to think of a solution.

This is what I had mentioned into my comments that since he is grouping the attribute having binary data with other data type attributes might be causing the issue.

mvp_badge
MVP

No, you cannot do that, that's not how grouping works. Please refrain from replying if you don't know how things work.

That's a good idea Kilian, I'm going to try it now.

Thanks for response Sachin, I'm also thinking same. I'm displaying image in in-built image widget in web page so it can't be issue. 

I will try this with simple POC and observe the issue.

Hi Sanjay,

It is giving error while searching in the aggregate, Right?

What I think is that while retrieving the records from the DB there is one or more column having the data type is text that you changed from data type Binary and at that time that column have binary data in that column and that was there only after changing it to Text. That's why it showing error. That what I understand from the error.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Rohan,

I'm not sure what you mean. It's not possible to change the data type of an Attribute if the types aren't compatible, the database won't allow it. You can't have a mix of binary/text in a database column (or any other mix for that matter).

Thanks to all of you for providing valuable suggestions! 

I have solved the issue but in different way. As grouping binary data with text data could slowdown performance, I removed binary column(and entity) from aggregate and post that I checked if there is any binary data for any record, and only then I fetched binary data in a new aggregate. It is working fine and faster also. 

The only thing I could not figure out is why aggregate was showing error in test mode perhaps it was able to fetch all data. To verify it, I copied executed SQL query and tried with Advance SQL widget, Here I get same data without any error.