Views
Comments
Solved
Help with Opening Service from URL
Service Studio Version
11.10.4 (Build 36717)

Hi,

I was trying to implement a feature to open a specific action in Service Studio by URL and found this post here

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/48299/open-service-studio-by-clicking-link-in-browser-where-can-i-find-the-documentati/

But the post doesn't talk about how to open a specific Server Action, for example. Because my team is using Architecture Dashboard, I know this is somehow possible because they already implemented this feature and I could snoop a bit on how they do it.

Here's and example: 

servicestudio[10|11]0://-downloadAndOpen -eSpaceKey [ESPACE_SS_KEY] -elementKey [ELEMENT_SS_KEY] -url [HOST]

Where 

• servicestudio[10|11]0 - opens version 10 or 11
  • downloadAndOpen - will do just that
  • espaceKey - this is the espace SS_Key (unique ID)
  • elementKey - ??
  • url - the server hostname

The elementKey is where I don't really know what's going on. I assume that represents an element SS_Key because the examples I checked from Architecture Dashboard, had the same structure but I can't find a reference in the OutSystems Data Model available to us, a reference to an element. I also thought this might be inside the OML, but again, not sure how this glues everything up or if this info is available or not.

Staff
Solution

Hi João,

Smart digging there! 

You assume right, ElementKey is the internal unique key of the element, which is used by Service Studio, among other things, to let you rename an element without breaking your code (unlike what happens in traditional coding languages). Currently it's not possible to extract this information for all elements.

This being said, if I'm not mistaken, there are some places where this is recorded, e.g. for public elements that are referenced they might be on the Espace_Reference system entity, some client side element keys might also be dumped on the generated code when the application is in debug mode. All this, of course, is not supported, so do it at your own risk.

In any case there is a great idea regarding links to elements inside Service Studio, that you might want to vote on.

Cheers,
Tiago Simões

Hi @Tiago Simões,

thanks for this reply, it was very enlightening. 

I was aware that the Espace_Reference entity held some of this information but didn't seem wise to implement something based on the public elements. Nevertheless, it's very useful to know all this :)

Regarding the idea, thanks to bring it to my attention. I already submitted a similar one, that you might want to merge it with this one. (when I submitted it, couldn't find anything related to it, but probably I just did a bad search) 

Cheers,

João Franco