Scheduler Service: Error executing request from a timer

Scheduler Service: Error executing request from a timer

Hi,

I have a timer that gives me an error always that he run, the error logged in Service Center is:

"
Module Name: Scheduler

Scheduler Service: Error executing request http://127.0.0.1/DocumentTemplates/timerhandler.asmx for Timer ProcessFenacam. Request duration = 343 secs. [retry 2 of 3 scheduled]

Stack:
 System.Net.WebException: The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on a receive. ---> System.IO.IOException: Unable to read data from the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host. ---> System.Net.Sockets.SocketException: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host
at System.Net.Sockets.Socket.Receive(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size, SocketFlags socketFlags)
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Net.Sockets.NetworkStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.PooledStream.Read(Byte[] buffer, Int32 offset, Int32 size)
at System.Net.Connection.SyncRead(HttpWebRequest request, Boolean userRetrievedStream, Boolean probeRead)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.WebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.HttpWebClientProtocol.GetWebResponse(WebRequest request)
at System.Web.Services.Protocols.SoapHttpClientProtocol.Invoke(String methodName, Object[] parameters)
at OutSystems.HubEdition.RuntimePlatform.TimerHandler.ExecuteTimer(String ssKey, Int32 timeout)
at #Uib.#Xib.#cjb(#Yib job)
-Env-
eSpaceVer: 0 (Id=0, PubId=0, CompiledWith=4.2.4.51)
RequestUrl:
AppDomain: Scheduler.exe
Path: C:\...\HS\
Locale:
DateFormat:
PID: 2016 ('Scheduler', Started='16-10-2010 14:52:52', Priv=52Mb, Virt=146Mb)
TID: 9
.NET: 2.0.50727.3615
"

It seems like the connection is closed by the server (The underlying connection was closed), i can't understand why this appends and what connection is closed.

Anyone already had this error and know how can i solve this issue?

Regards,

Gonçalo Marques
Hi Gonçalo,

Indeed, it seems like the connection has closed itself, but we don't have a reason for it.

Could you check the server's Windows Event Viewer, and check what error - if any - is being logged at this time? That could lead you in the right direction.

An alternative would be to restart the Scheduler Service, and the IIS services.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares
Hi Paulo,

Thanks for your answer.

I verify that my application had exceded the memory limit in the application pool of the IIS. When this append, the IIS do an automatic recycle of the application pool, the timer is stoped and it gives me the error that i show above. 

I have to find a way to minimize the memory consumption of my application.

Thanks,
Regards,

Gonçalo Marques
Hi Gonçalo,

Well, that sounds like the best way to do it. Probably you are either doing some sort of loop and accumulating data in the application's memory. If that's the case, one way to do it would be to store the status of the process somewhere, and re-invoke the "Wake timer" action, to continue.

An alternative would be for you to try to increase the memory available for your application pool. If you want to pursue that, I thoroughly recommend you contacting our support department, since that involves custom configuration of the Agile Platform.

Regards,

Paulo Tavares