Views
Comments
Solved
How do I solve this pagination , JavaScript node error?
Application Type
Reactive

Hi, help please: I was following the reactive web tutorial on pagination and sorting. However, when I published and view in the browser this error pop up. Please see error message below. There was no error in 1-click publish and True change has OK - The module is valid. I am new to Outsystems and JavaScript. I will be grateful for any help received. 

Error message:

"Unable to convert Infinity to the Integer type since it exceeds the maximum value allowed which is 2147483647. Check the JavaScript node 'GetToltalPages' of the action 'InitPagination'. "

paginationerroredit.png

Solution

Hello Kurt,

this error message also appears if you forget to set a default value for the maxRecords variable.
So maybe you forgot to enter a number there? 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Kurt,

If I had to guess, there's a division by zero or something somewhere. Did you use the pagination out of the box, or did you add some things yourself?

Solution

StartIndex and MaxRecords had the same variable (StartIndex) assigned to them. Startindex is set to (0) zero. As a result an error was thrown, fixed by reassigning maxRecords the correct variable. 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Kurt,

If I had to guess, there's a division by zero or something somewhere. Did you use the pagination out of the box, or did you add some things yourself?

Solution

Hello Kurt,

this error message also appears if you forget to set a default value for the maxRecords variable.
So maybe you forgot to enter a number there?