Views
Comments
Hindi or Arabic Numbers

In our multilingual applicatin, all the numbers appear as English numerals not arabic numerals when we change the language.

Regards,

Shah

Hi,

Do you use Traditional Web ? if yes, you can provide the translation using Multilingual Locale on Data Tab and you can manually type the translation.

If it mobile or reactive, there is a component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/1784/multilingual-component

Thanks

Thanks Toto,

My problem is with numbers that is coming from the database.

Shah

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Shah,

As I understand it, Hindi and Arabic digits have different Unicode code points than latin digits. This means you will need to convert them. I think the "easiest" way is to write an Extension that does this. See e.g. here for some more information. If you don't know how to create an extension, I think I have some time this week to take a look at it.

Hi Kilian,

I am not that good with extensions, however I will it to find a solution for this. 

If you finished early, kindly update.

Regards,

Shah

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Shah,

I'm just about to publish a new Forge Component doing this, I'll notify you when I'm done.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Shah,

You can find the component here, let me know if it works for you. Consider it a beta version, if you need any changes (like formatting) just let me know.

Hi Kilian,

I did implement the extension and it works, however the decimal numbers have issues as the fraction doesn't appear.

Regards,

Shah

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Shah,

That's correct, as the input is a Long Integer, which doesn't have decimals. I didn't assume you'd also wanted to use decimal numbers. I can implement decimal numbers also, but it would be more complicated, as the decimal point would probably also need converting? Do you have any reference material for how numbers with decimals are represented in Hindi and Arabic?