Views
Comments
Solved
How to draw directions with google maps
Question
Application Type
Mobile

Hi, good afternoon.

I'm new in Outsystems ecossystems. I need to draw direction between two points (coordinates {lat,long}) in google maps mobile app.

I'm using the GoogleMapsMobileCustom, using the UI MAP to show my map.

My question here is: how can I draw direction between my current location (I already have it in a local variable) and other location desired? I know that I need to pass a structure with Data type MapDirections, but, when I should pass it? My flow is: the user open the app and app get the current location. So, when user click in the search button, and type an address, I need to draw the route direction on the map. I think I should reload the map,or I'm wrong?

Thanks ,

Daniel Nogueira

Solution

Hi Daniel,

It seems like João said, your google API key is not configured. As you can the the watermark "For Development Purpose Only"

Thanks

Hi Daniel,

Have you checked the Google Maps Mobile Samples Forge component?

It has a sample for several use cases using Google Maps in a mobile app, including the drawing distance between two coordinates.

Regards,
João

Hi João, I saw this samples now, but in the sample, when I click on a marker and then, click on car icon, to get the direction, nothing happen.

Hi Daniel,

Have you set up the maps api key?

Solution

Hi Daniel,

It seems like João said, your google API key is not configured. As you can the the watermark "For Development Purpose Only"

Thanks

Thanks, this was my problem.
I thought that because it was in development, I didn't need to activate the billing.

thanks