Views
Comments
how to save more than one value of dropdown
Question

if i have Dropdown that have two value from static entity ,i need if user select two values save on the other entity and get these values to display on the screen with other details , how i do that

Hi Andrew,

For that, you can use DropdownTags from OutSystems UI, on the link below you can find the step by step instructions of an example on how to achieve a multiple select dropdown using this pattern.

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Design_UI/Patterns/Using_Mobile_and_Reactive_Patterns/Dropdown_Tags

Hope it helps.

Regards,

João

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Andrew,

In addition to João's solution statement, Just want to include --> based on the shared information - In order to the store multiple dropdown option value against a single record, the underline Data model will contain at least three entities i.e. Entity1, Static/Dynamic Entity2 (includes Dropdown Options) and Junction Entity (includes Entity1 Identifier & Entity2 Identifier) which fulfills the N - N relationship (Many to Many relationship)

Refer the below mentioned data model example, which follows the N-N relationship type.

Note: Define an Unique Index on InstructorId and DepartmentId attributes in the DepartmentInstructor Junction entity to avoid redundant record entries.

Hope this helps you!

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam