Views
Comments
Solved
Mobile Dropdown - how to specify a number range?
Question

Hi, what's the best way to specify a number range (i.e. 1-100) for a user to select from in a dropdown on mobile? Thanks

Solution

Hi Fadi,

You have many ways to do. like-

1. You can create Static Entity for it and use for DropDown.

2. You can create one action and use if condition and use List append once 1-100 number bind in a list and use this action for dropdown .

3. Best Way - Create one Excel insert data 1-100 Put it in Resource and Use ExcelToRecordList and same Record List you can use for DropDown .

Like Below Image-

Hope this will help you.

Regards
Rahul

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Fadi,

Sorry! I'm not able to understand the use-case clearly. 

Is it that you want to showcase 1, 2, 3, 4, ...... 100 as dropdown option values?

Is it that you want to showcase 1 - 10, 11 - 20, 21 - 30.... 91 - 100 as dropdown option values? 

Or is it that you are asking for a better/suitable widget for this use-case?

Or is it that you are looking for a logic to auto generate Dropdown option values on the basis of number range runtime value ?

Could you please let us know, what exactly the challenge you are facing in terms of implementation and UX vice?

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

Hi Benjith,

Thank you for the reply, I would like to showcase 1, 2, 3, 4, ...... 100 as dropdown option values. Thank you

Solution

Hi Fadi,

You have many ways to do. like-

1. You can create Static Entity for it and use for DropDown.

2. You can create one action and use if condition and use List append once 1-100 number bind in a list and use this action for dropdown .

3. Best Way - Create one Excel insert data 1-100 Put it in Resource and Use ExcelToRecordList and same Record List you can use for DropDown .

Like Below Image-

Hope this will help you.

Regards
Rahul