Views
Comments
[Large File Data Import Sample] Large file transfer
Forge component by Taka Torimoto
Published on 18 Jun 2019
Application Type
Traditional Web, Reactive

Hi Taka,

First of all I want to say that I really like the component that you have built. It is a very fast way of uploading lots of data. I tried to upload 250.000 records which took under 2 min. This could be something that would be really usefull for my application where we have the need to upload approx 150.000 records every day.
I wanted to ask you if you could give me a little more insight in the way the logic works. I am espicially interested in the parts where the data is splitted and how this is processed. I figured this is happening within the File_ReadBinary and LoadCSV2RecordList actions. I just can't look inside them to see what is happening. From a company policy this needs the specified before we can make use of such components. If this is not possible we are more than willing to develop this ourselfs. I was hoping you could give me some clarification and insight in the way the logic works. Thanks in advance! Max

Staff
Hey Max! Sorry for the late reply. Actually - you should know that you are able to open up the Extensions (shown as black balls with XIF) and see the raw source code underneath in those Actions. Good thing OutSystems is based off of standard technology stacks, and lets you bring in any source code, right? :-) Right-click on the Extension (see screenshot) and say Open XYZ extension. It will open up in Integration Studio (that is where you define the interface). Then, assuming you have Visual Studio (even the Community Edition) installed, click on the rightmost icon at top "Edit Source Code .NET" and it will open up the VS project. You could even modify them, recompile them, and re-publish them in Integration Studio to update the reusable visual component in OutSystems! (I'm not a .Net developer myself, but the fact that you can have someone who does know the language create them and make them visually reusable by people like me I think is awesome!). Let me know if that makes sense!
Staff
Here are some links you can look at: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/Integration_Studio https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Extensibility_and_Integration/Extend_Logic_with_Your_Own_Code/Extension_Life_Cycle/Edit_Extension_Source_Code