Views
Comments
Solved
Login screen
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hey! Nedd your help again!

So, I am building an app which has a part for admin and the admin needs to login to acess but I don´t know how to do that. Do I need a database to store username and password, for example? How do I check if the username and password are correct and other information about login, I don´t know nothing...

So, can you help me? I tried to see videos on YouTube but I saw nothing...

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

create a new application and see how it works, learn from there what to do

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

The beat OutSystems training van be found on www.outsystems.com/learn

OutSystems comes with build in authentication thru the Users application. When you start creating an application be it traditional, reactive or mobile, the template that is used for your application has already the login, logout and authentication build in. So you don't need to do anything.

You can define roles, liker an admin role and assign that role to specific users and specific screens.

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,if you currently don't have to login than that is caused by the fact that you checked on the screen properties the screen time anonymous.

If you uncheck this role, and the registered role is checked and publish again a login screen should appear.

mvp_badge
MVP

Have a look at this, you need to add the roles you need. Or you use the Register role which is default available for all screens.

Okay, already checked and created the 2 new roles but my question is still the same. Where do I save the login info/ the user info? How do I crete a login activity/screen and check if the user/ login info is correct??

Capturar.PNG

mvp_badge
MVP

Again, if you created a new application your login screen is automatically created including all logic.

If you assign a register role or any role you yourself define to a screen, the user will automatically be promted the login screen. 

You do not need to code that.

Maybe you share your OML, because honestly this is OutSystems fundamentals, what you would learn in the first few training videos you watch on www.outsystems.com/learn

I am not understanding.. Herer you go, my OML is here

ScrumBoardAdmin.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Ok now I see your situation

On any new application you create OutSystems automatically adds a login screen and logic in the Common UI Flow, but you don't have it, I can only conclude you must have deleted it. 

What you can try is to ceate a new application and copy over the login screen to your module