Comments
[QR Code Scanner] QR Code Scanner problem with new other phone
Question
Forge component by Vitor Teixeira
Published on 08 May 2020
Application Type
Mobile

Hi All,

I am using this QR Code Scanner, for old Android phone ok.. no issue. Recently i bought a new Android phone Samsung S20+. When i access the app, notice the Scanner not working. When i use back my old android phone, it is working. So i wonder it is not working to all phone? May I know how to solve it? 

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Maybe you can share some extra information?

Do you get an error message? did you check the OutSystems error logs? Did you try to connect the phone to Service Studio via USB and debug it to see at which step it fails?

Regards,

Daniel

Halo,

Thanks for your replied.

When I tried the DEBUG, it is working fine. When I access as normal without debug mode, when click to tiggle the camera it will occur black screen then missing again and back to the existing screen.

No error. Where to get the error log? I am using outsystems personal account.

Below is my personal link. Please click the barcode icon which on the top right.

https://jingtung-wong.outsystemscloud.com/ProductCatalog/

Thank you

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi again,

I can only confirm that when I press the scan button I can scan something, but an empty screen is shown afterwards.

What should happen? I can scan any type of barcode and should it then show the barcode text?

Regards,

Daniel

Tested on a Xiaomi Note 10 lite

Hi Daniel,

oh, it is working on ur phone. I dunno why it is not working on my phone. May be is security setting? might be the latest Android os more secure? 

Please find the attached file.

qr.png