Views
Comments
Solved
SaveOnClick: Automatically assign value to tuple
Question

Hi everyone, 

I am currently working on a Task Manager. And every time I create a new task, it should automatically assign the status 'In Bearbeitung' to the task (German for 'in progress'). I tried to solve this by choosing ...Tasks.StatusID as my variable and as value ('In Bearbeitung' has the id 1 in my entity). But somehow it doesn't work. Probably it's not too complicated, but unfortunately I don't know what else I can try.

I have the same issue at a different place in my application. So probably I'm just using the Assign function wrongly.
But maybe someone knows what I'm doing wrong and help me out. :)

Thanks in advance!

Find my .oml attached

TaskManagerv2.oml

Solution

Hi Raphael,

You have to assign the variable before creating the record.

Also, you might want to consider converting the table Status in a static entity (equivalent to enumerate in OutSystems) so you don't need to hardcode the id 1 and that warning to disappear.

Regards,
João

TaskManagerv2.oml

Hello Raphael, 

The assignment must be done before invoking the Create action. By the screenshot you have this with the order reversed. 

Also if your Status is a static entity, assign entity.status.inProgress. 

Solution

Hi Raphael,

You have to assign the variable before creating the record.

Also, you might want to consider converting the table Status in a static entity (equivalent to enumerate in OutSystems) so you don't need to hardcode the id 1 and that warning to disappear.

Regards,
João

TaskManagerv2.oml

Thanks to both of you! Especially the hint to convert my entities to static ones helped a lot.

All the best!