[RSS] Discussion

[RSS] Discussion

Forge Component
(3)
Published on 15 Apr by Grazina
3 votes
Published on 15 Apr by Grazina
Hi,

I was trying to run that extension in 5.1 version but it's necessary to first run it in 4.2 version, so, I tried to run the extension in 4.2 version and I get a .NET compilation error :( does anyone can help me? If someone has that extension in 5.1 version could please send it to me?

Thanks in advance,
João Martins
Joao -

I see the problem you are talking about. When I tried the extension, it required an upgrade to 5.1 which worked fine, but it also gave me a compilation error. Opening the source code revealed the problem, it has a bad reference to the OutSystems runtime. Here's what I did to fix it:

1. Open the RSS extension, upgrade to 5.1, then edit source code.
2. Remove the invalid reference to OutSystems.Runtime.Common.dll
3. Add the reference to OutSystems.Runtime.Common.dll (when you edit the source code, a directory will be made for the extension in the directory that the .XIF file it; go down the directory tree to .\RSS\Source\NET\Bin to find it)

That fixes the bad reference, but it still won't compile.

If you try the 1-Click publish again and click the compile error (the line where it says "Compiler Error", not "Error(s) Found"), you will see the details of the issue. It is missing the file "rss.snk" for signing the assembly. This post here gives us the scoop on how we can fix it:

http://bytes.com/topic/c-sharp/answers/525277-snk-file-rss-net

F
or me, I chose to remove the reference to the SNK file, since the extension won't be added to GAC. After commenting out that line (in the AssemlyInfo.cs file of the RSS.NET project in the solution), the file gets published just fine.

For you convenience, I have attached the XIF file with the needed modifications.

J.Ja
Hi Justin,

Thanks a lot for helping me!!

For now I'm going to use the extension you sent me, but later, when I have some free time, I'll follow all the steps, and try to fix it by myself.

Once again thanks a lot!

Best regards,
João Martins
Is there a reason that the structures in the extension have text fields that are limited to 50 characters? Either this is not enforced (which is bad) or this should be changed in the extension (which I did on my copy that I'm using).

J.Ja
Updated for Agile Platform v6.0

Fixed: structure length in RSS.xif

I am having an error creating the rss

Stack:
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()
at OutSystems.NssRSS.CssRSS.MssWriteToOutput(RCRSSFeedRecord ssRSSFeed)
at ssSite.RssExtensionRSS.MssWriteToOutput(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamRSSFeed)

I tried this solution but not resolved: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312629/

the component works well but it gives this error, any solution?

Robert Chanphakeo wrote:

Updated for Agile Platform v6.0

Fixed: structure length in RSS.xif

Robert (anybody), any idea how to enable the <category> repeating group in <item> ?
I see it in the source but don't know how to get this in the output when I read an RSS feed

Joop
wrote:
I am having an error creating the rss

Stack:
at System.Threading.Thread.AbortInternal()
at System.Threading.Thread.Abort(Object stateInfo)
at System.Web.HttpResponse.End()
at OutSystems.NssRSS.CssRSS.MssWriteToOutput(RCRSSFeedRecord ssRSSFeed)
at ssSite.RssExtensionRSS.MssWriteToOutput(HeContext heContext, IRecord inParamRSSFeed)

I tried this solution but not resolved: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/312629/

the component works well but it gives this error, any solution?

I came across the same issue. Solved it by replacing

HttpContext.Current.Response.End();

With 

// Sends the response buffer
HttpContext.Current.Response.Flush();
// Prevents any other content from being sent to the browser
HttpContext.Current.Response.SuppressContent = true;
// Directs the thread to finish, bypassing additional processing
HttpContext.Current.ApplicationInstance.CompleteRequest();

Rui Coutinho
Has anyone come up with a decent fix to this in 9.1? Rui's Flush solution solves the issue of the preparation throwing an error, and instead the entire page throws the following error:

Server cannot append header after HTTP headers have been sent.
   at System.Web.HttpResponse.AppendHeader(String name, String value)
   at OutSystems.HubEdition.WebWidgets.OSPage.DataBind()
   at ssPortal.Flows.FlowRSSFeed.ScrnRSSFeed.DataBind()
   at ssPortal.Flows.FlowRSSFeed.ScrnRSSFeed.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive()
   at System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint)

The page still loads fine, as it always has, but my error log is getting filled up with this nonesense.
Hi guys,

Putting something out there for your consideration.
Instead of hijacking the request like the extension is currently doing, why don't we just generate the RSS binary and make it readily available for a convenient Download node?

I'm pushing a new version for your consideration. 

Kind Regards,
Joao Grazina