Views
Comments
Solved
The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process.

Good morning friends,

After our deploy we started having this problem below on one of the 4 machines we have in production.

Can someone help me and explain to me what these files in this folder are for and what can we do?

--

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\osCache_UtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib\47840ee9-4e6a-4c89-8c00-af635296ff94.log' because it is being used by another process.

eSpaceVer: Id=5996, PubId=0, CompiledWith=11.9.1.20359
RequestUrl: https://corretor.sompo.com.br/PortalCorretorRelatorios_Apolices/ApoliceEndossoEmitida.aspx (Method: GET)
AppDomain: /LM/W3SVC/1/ROOT/PortalCorretorRelatorios_Apolices-69-132551291341209440
FilePath: D:\...\PS\running\PortalCorretorRelatorios_Apolices.1175299703\ApoliceEndossoEmitida.aspx
ClientIp: 10.150.23.251 X-Forwarded-For: 189.112.77.75
Locale: pt-br
DateFormat: dd/MM/yyyy
PID: 4896 ('w3wp', Started='14/01/2021 18:15:42', Priv=4941Mb, Virt=2119829Mb)
TID: 451
Thread Name:
.NET: 4.0.30319.42000

The process cannot access the file 'C:\Windows\TEMP\osCache_UtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib\47840ee9-4e6a-4c89-8c00-af635296ff94.log' because it is being used by another process.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.File.InternalDelete(String path, Boolean checkHost)
at OutSystems.NssUtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib.CssUtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib._CookieCacheCleanup(Int32 cacheMaxSeconds)
at OutSystems.NssUtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib.CssUtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib.MssGetCookie(String ssCookieName, Int32 ssCacheMaxSeconds, Decimal ssCacheCleanupFrequency, String& ssCookieValue)
at ssUtilsNetworking_Lib.RssExtensionUtilsNetworking_Cookie_Lib.MssGetCookie(HeContext heContext, String inParamCookieName, Int32 inParamCacheMaxSeconds, Decimal inParamCacheCleanupFrequency, String& outParamCookieValue)

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hey Eduardo,

Antivirus can cause problems at times. Have you seen this article that recommends whitelisting a couple of directories: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Best_Practices/Performance_and_Monitoring/Performance_Best_Practices_-_Infrastructure#Exclude_some_folders_from_antivirus_scanning

If that does not help, or if you cannot whitelist those paths, then I recommend creating a support ticket on this issue as they will be able to help better than the community.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Eduardo,

Is this a cloud installation, or an on-premise?

If it is on-premise, do you have any security software on the machine that might lock files for scanning before they can be used? I've seen certain anti-virus products cause issues similar to this. Sometimes the solution is to just update the anti-virus software, other times it is to just try again.

Also, does this occur every time you try to publish, or just intermittently?

Our installation is local and really has antivirus installed on all machines.

The problem occurred twice when we published via lifetime, publishing via service studio, everything happens normally and successfully.

We even identified a longer deployment time after the antivirus was installed, before it took 1 to 2 hours and today we have to wait 3 to 4 hours via lifetime.

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hey Eduardo,

Antivirus can cause problems at times. Have you seen this article that recommends whitelisting a couple of directories: https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/Best_Practices/Performance_and_Monitoring/Performance_Best_Practices_-_Infrastructure#Exclude_some_folders_from_antivirus_scanning

If that does not help, or if you cannot whitelist those paths, then I recommend creating a support ticket on this issue as they will be able to help better than the community.