Comments
Solved
Dependencies Management
Application Type
Reactive
Service Studio Version
11.10.5 (Build 37061)

First I'm new to Outsystems.

Can not get my Server Actions to move across as Managed Dependencies.

Have created two modules. 

(1) Database Core that defines all my entities. Everything looks good. I see all six server actions defined.

(2) Application Movie that defines screens. Here is where the problem starts.  Building a relationship between Movies and DetailMovie. When defining button action on DatailMovie form I do not see the 6 server actions (etc. CreateOrUpdateMovie, UpdateMovie, ....).

When I open the Application module I selected the Manage Dependencies Icon and selected Database Core. The tree structure on the right shows everything I would expect. However, I do not see the 6 server actions except GetMovie. What is unique about GetMovie is defined as a function.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Gary

Screenshot11.png

Solution

Hello Gary, please carefully read the explanation again :)

You also have to consider Expose Read Only property.

You will check these 2 properties at the entity level as you can see in the image above.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hello Gary,

Hope you're doing well.

You will need to define your Entity with its Expose Read Only property set to No in order to add those actions as dependencies in other modules.

By default when you create an Entity, this Expose Read Only property is set to Yes. Basically, this property set to Yes protects your entity from beeing written by another module. Therefore only the Get action (read) appears, while the others don't since they are write operations.

If you set this property to No, it means that you allow that entity to be written by a consumer module. After that, all of the actions will appear in the consumer modules :)

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui thanks for the quick feedback.

I checked that property on the Entity and all are checked as PUBLIC: YES.

I do not see a specific property at the server action for PUBLIC: NO or YES.

Where would I see this property at the server action level?

Gary

Solution

Hello Gary, please carefully read the explanation again :)

You also have to consider Expose Read Only property.

You will check these 2 properties at the entity level as you can see in the image above.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Rui it is working.

I changed properties  at the entity level:

• Public: Yes
  • Expose Read Only: No

Thanks,

Gary

Hello again Gary :)

Exactly, those are the properties that you needed.

I'm glad that you managed to do it!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas