Comments
Solved
[Amazon S3 Connector] Amazon S3 connector stream video
Forge component by Guilherme Pereira
Published on 12 Jul 2019
Application Type
Mobile

Hey all,

I'm using amazon s3 connector to connect to my amazon bucket .My application needs to stream several videos i have used the GetObjectContent action to get the binary data how to use it to stream the video or is there any other method i need to use .

Thanks & Regards

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Kanishka, I did overlook that. Still, the AWS_CLientSideServices module contains 3 screens for Upload, Download and VideoPlayer that are for the largest part just a wrapper around some JavaScript.

I would expect it not to much work to build the similar screens for mobile, copy/pasting the JavaScript, maybe with some minor adjustments.

Anyhow I can see the component is not plug&play for you to use. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Kanishka,

You asked about this topic in an older post too, to which I replied with actual complete components that do what you request. Where you not able to use them? They have the complete logic that you want build in I believe.

Regards,

Daniel

I'm working on mobile this  https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8967/aws-client-side-services  component is not for mobile could you suggest something that would help me stream videos on mobile app

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Kanishka, I did overlook that. Still, the AWS_CLientSideServices module contains 3 screens for Upload, Download and VideoPlayer that are for the largest part just a wrapper around some JavaScript.

I would expect it not to much work to build the similar screens for mobile, copy/pasting the JavaScript, maybe with some minor adjustments.

Anyhow I can see the component is not plug&play for you to use. 

I solved it by using the GetObjectUrl action and then using the output url in my video

Like you said in a thread, you can use the GetObjectUrl for the source URL. HTML5 and most browsers provide capabilities for streaming the video source. You are able to create some cool widgets on top of this, as the sky is the limit.

Some cool stuff  about the video tag and MediaSource object in JS described in this article:

https://medium.com/canal-tech/how-video-streaming-works-on-the-web-an-introduction-7919739f7e1 

happy programming!