Views
Comments
Solved
Problems generating an app
Application Type
Mobile

Hey guys,

i tried to make two apps which i will later merge. The first is a locationtracker using the location plugin. There i tried to implement a function to store the location expression in a .txt on my phone (https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/67725/expression-to-txt/). 

The second app is a accelerometer using the accelerometer plugin.

But when I try to generate these apps to test, it shows "In Android on 2021-01-19 at 13:14:27 - An unexpected error has occurred while installing the Cordova plugins. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact OutSystems Support. "

I managed to generate the first app before implementing the file plugin. The second app I never got to generate.

Can anyone help me, I really dont know what to do or where to find the problem.

Thanks,

Bob

LocSolo.oml

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

The Location one is a bit confusing, I see that you have the correct versions of the Location plugin and the File plugin. Can you go back to that screen in Service Center and click Configure on the Android build and tell me if you are using the latest MABS version or a specific version? If latest, can you try it on version 6.3 and try it again?

For the Accelerometer one, I'm thinking it could have something to do with the Apache Git repository being out of date. If you navigate to it, it redirects you to GitHub. Can you please try this:

1. Open the Accelerometer module in Service Studio
  2. Click Accelerometer in the tree just under the Processes, Interface, Logic, and Data tabs
  3. In the properties in the bottom right, scroll down until you find Extensibility Configuration
  4. Change the URL of the plugin to this:
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-device-motion.git
  5. Publish the Accelerometer module
  6. Re-publish your AceSolo module
  7. Try to generate the app again

The second app:

AceSolo.oml

Hi Bob

I hope you are doing well.

I downloaded your oml and add the two modules into a mobile application.

When I tried to generate an android app, It success without any problem.

Did you downloaded the newest plugin to your Enviroment?

Best Regards

Thanks for your answer. 

I updated Service Studio. The Plugins are all up to date. But it just doesnt work. Can you upload your oml, maybe if i clone yours it works.

Or do you have any other idea?

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Bob,

Can you please go to Service Center -> Factory -> Applications -> <Your Application>, then click on the Native Platforms tab (it may be called Distribute instead of Native Platforms depending on your version). In there, you will find the log file for the MABS build.

Could you please download this file and upload it to the forums here?

Thanks Craig, this is the one for Location.

AndroidBuildLogLocation.txt

AndroidBuildLogAccelerometer.txt

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

The Location one is a bit confusing, I see that you have the correct versions of the Location plugin and the File plugin. Can you go back to that screen in Service Center and click Configure on the Android build and tell me if you are using the latest MABS version or a specific version? If latest, can you try it on version 6.3 and try it again?

For the Accelerometer one, I'm thinking it could have something to do with the Apache Git repository being out of date. If you navigate to it, it redirects you to GitHub. Can you please try this:

1. Open the Accelerometer module in Service Studio
  2. Click Accelerometer in the tree just under the Processes, Interface, Logic, and Data tabs
  3. In the properties in the bottom right, scroll down until you find Extensibility Configuration
  4. Change the URL of the plugin to this:
    https://github.com/apache/cordova-plugin-device-motion.git
  5. Publish the Accelerometer module
  6. Re-publish your AceSolo module
  7. Try to generate the app again

Thanks a lot craig! I got both apps to generate! Now I just need to fix the app-functionality problems.

mvp_badge
MVP

Glad to have helped! In case someone else finds this, could you tell me if it was the MABS version that fixed the Location one, and if it was changing the GitHub repository for the Accelerometer one, or was it something else?

It was the MABS version which I changed to 6.3 and for the other one, it worked with the new URL.