Views
Comments
Solved
the conncetion has timed out
Question

when using the restapi connection interface,what is the reasoon for the time out.

in the restapi interface,this test can be used normally.

Outsytems users personal version. is it related to it.

1.PNG

Champion
Solution

Hi Chen,

I'm guessing here, that you use your api to send image to the backend (PostImages2).

If this true, then you should check the image size, don't send very big data. From my experience, keep it below 250kb.

You could using some forge component for this (if you use mobile, you could use my component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5546/resize-image-mobile)

Thanks

Champion

Hi Chen,

Looking from the log, it seems that the timeout is reached when calling the rest api. You can increase the default timeout on the rest api 

i hava modified this parameter but i still cant

.PNG

Champion
Solution

Hi Chen,

I'm guessing here, that you use your api to send image to the backend (PostImages2).

If this true, then you should check the image size, don't send very big data. From my experience, keep it below 250kb.

You could using some forge component for this (if you use mobile, you could use my component https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/5546/resize-image-mobile)

Thanks

hi toto,

Thank you very much for you answer,but im not sure thats the answer
is the size of the file only 250kb? is it the same with the offiicial version
is it a little small?

Champion

Hi Chen,

250Kb is kind of standard in my organization, because usually we make mobile apps, so 250Kb is so mobile apps can use this without compromising performance and mobile data.

Thanks

HI toto,

Im sorry yo disturb you again.

i found that it has nothing to do with size of the file.

the connection time was out of time.

thanks

Champion

Hi Chen,

Could you share the oml (or created mini app and share the oml here) so we can take a good look on this.

Other method is adding LogMessage action before calling the API so we can see how long the API called before the error occurred (so we can add additional timeout)

Thanks