Views
Comments
Solved
Once I have the APK, does the mobile APP still depends on the OutSystems Server?

First of all, Im new to both OutSystems and development so I apologize if the question is to basic.

Secondly, once I have the APK, what will be the dependency between this APK (once published) and the OutSystems Servers?. Assuming Im using a external software for maintaining the database.

That is all, thank you very much for your answers and have a fantastic day!

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jose,

Yes your application still depends on the OutSystems infrastructure to be up-and-running.

An OutSystems mobile application is not a 100% native application, the Cordova shell is the native part in which runs the OutSystems mobile application you build as a ReactJs single page app, the OutSystems server still host the html, css, and other resources like images, font files etc.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for clarifying Daniel. :)

Hello Jose,

If I have understood it correctly, what I can think of are the logs, it will still reflect on your Outsystems server/environment and User login (if you have any) not unless it's purely offline and just using local storage.

Thank you and kind regards,

Chris

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Jose,

Yes your application still depends on the OutSystems infrastructure to be up-and-running.

An OutSystems mobile application is not a 100% native application, the Cordova shell is the native part in which runs the OutSystems mobile application you build as a ReactJs single page app, the OutSystems server still host the html, css, and other resources like images, font files etc.

Regards,

Daniel

Thanks for clarifying Daniel. :)

HI Jose Bordas

The server-side action and data depend on OutSystems platform,

So It's no possible to run your application without it.

Regards

Champion

Hi Jose,

Even when you build your mobile app with offline capability, it still checking the server for update (the notification that you received)

Your application has been updated to the latest version.

I have experience with this, building pure offline mobile apps, then deleting the application on service studio, the mobile app will stopped working and showing error message.

Thank you everyone, this has been very helpful!