Views
Comments
Solved
Publishing Properly to Huawei app gallery

I was able to push and release our app thru the huawei app gallery, but only those huawei phones with Google Play Store can see our app in the Huawei App Gallery, but the new models E.g. Huawei 7i which is the generation of Huawei phones without Google Play Store doesn't show our app in the Huawei App Gallery. And we have asked the Huawei Support and this is their reply (See Attached Image).I'm looking at the forum but it seems no one yet encountered this, did I missed something on releasing the app?

Thank you in advance!

Staff
Solution

Hi Ronillo,

OutSystems does not, indeed, support the publish of applications to the Huwaei App Gallery.

Even though the recommendation I can share with you is not ideal, is that you distribute the app as a PWA, and make that noticeable to your Huawei users.

Oh, okay.. thank you for the information!

Btw, are there any plans in the future to have a way to publish for huawei app gallery?

Staff

We don't have anything planned for this. Once again, the recommendation is to distribute the app as PWA.

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Ronillo,

I honestly don't know whether it is possible at all to build a Mobile App that works on a non-Google Huawei device. I'll ask around to see if someone from OS can reply.

Thank you for the fast response @Kilian Hekhuis, really appreciate it, Thank you for the help! I hope we'll get a response from OS.

Staff
Solution

Hi Ronillo,

OutSystems does not, indeed, support the publish of applications to the Huwaei App Gallery.

Even though the recommendation I can share with you is not ideal, is that you distribute the app as a PWA, and make that noticeable to your Huawei users.

Oh, okay.. thank you for the information!

Btw, are there any plans in the future to have a way to publish for huawei app gallery?

Staff

We don't have anything planned for this. Once again, the recommendation is to distribute the app as PWA.