Views
Comments
Solved
How to verify if one email exists?

Hey! So, I am building an app which requires login but, to be safe, I want to have a verification of email. When I register, i want to send an email to the email that registered to verify it. How do I do that? Is that even possible?

Solution

hi Goncalo

Yes we can send an email to the user on registration.You can refer to below link to send an email to required email address

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Send_an_Email_From_a_Web_Application

Hope it helps

Regards,

Shilpa Uppund

Hey! Followed every steo of the tutorial but it didn't send the email. Can you help me?

hi Goncalo,

What error are you getting?

Regards,

Shilpa Uppund

Hi Gonçalo,

The email is registered on the User entity so you just need to make a query to get the email of the user.

If your user is already logged in, you can apply the filter User.Id = GetUserId() (GetUserId() is a function that returns the user id logged-in).

If your user has not logged-in yet and you have just the username, for instance, your filter on the query should filter by the username.

Regards,
João

Already have that, my question is if I can send an email to the usar email and check if it exists. Imagine I register with "test@gmail.com". I want to send an email to "register@gmail.com" so he can confirm his identity and check if the mail exists

Solution

hi Goncalo

Yes we can send an email to the user on registration.You can refer to below link to send an email to required email address

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Developing_an_Application/Implement_Application_Logic/Send_an_Email_From_a_Web_Application

Hope it helps

Regards,

Shilpa Uppund

Hey! Followed every steo of the tutorial but it didn't send the email. Can you help me?

hi Goncalo,

What error are you getting?

Regards,

Shilpa Uppund

Hi,

When you enter email id you can check or filter this email id in user entity .

and based on return data you can check email is register or not.

Hope this will help you.

Regards

Rahul