Views
Comments
translate text in client action
Application Type
Reactive
Platform Version
11.10.2 (Build 25738)

Hi,

I started implementing the new multil language component into our applications, and I have a problem with tralating in the client actions.

With the Multilingual forge component I could use the GetTranslation action in my client actions. How can I do this with the new component?

An example of why I use this is for the translation of the weekdays to the different languages we use.

Kind regards

Kevin Desmet

Dear Kevin,

Can you please explain a scenario or use case which is not possible if you don't use getTranslation() ? This will help me to answer your question as switching the locale should be sufficient.

best regards,

Shounak 

Hi Shounak,

To translate the day of the week to one of the languages we use, I builded my own logic with the multilingual component from the forge. I concatenated my translated value with a FormatDateTime and then returned the concatenated text to my screen. This was possible with the getTranslation() action.

I have something simular for the moths of the year to. Our users want all texts in their native language.

With the new studio component this doesn't work anymore and I can't find a solution for this. I even tried to create an (function) action that only returns the day of the week as string, but this also doesn't work.