Views
Comments
Solved
How to add a forge aplication/module to my app?
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hey! I am building an app and some people advised me to use some community apps from forge to help me but i am having a hard time trying to put them on my app. Can you help me?
I was watching this video but I think it is to old...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4HW-jZ7Taw

Solution

Hello Gonçalo,

Then you have to add it as a dependency in your modules.

Please check "Reuse Functionality from Other Modules" section from the document that Daniël shared below.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Solution

Hello Gonçalo,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to install directly from Forge, you can also do it directly from Service Studio.

1) Go to your Applications and select "Install from Forge":

2) Search for what you want:

3) Click "Open Module" (if it's a module - OML file) and publish it.
Or click "Install" (if it's an application - OAP file):

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hey Rui but how do I use it in my aplication?

Solution

Hello Gonçalo,

Please check "Reuse Functionality from Other Modules" section from the document that Daniël shared below.

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hey! The problem is that I am trying to add "Back Button Protect" but it is probably not exporting every item and I cant use the module. If you want to, I can send you my OML

Hi Gonçalo,

Since this Forge component is just a module (no application), once you publish it (see my post above), it will be placed in the Independent Modules application:

You can move it to another application using the arrow item next to the trash bin icon.

In any case, you can use the it in your application if you press the manage dependencies button and select the ProtectBackButton web block from ProtectBackButton_Cookie module:

Take into account this is a Traditional Web module and therefore can only be used in Traditional Web applications, not in Mobile nor Reactive applications.

Regards,
João

Solution

Hi Gonçalo,

First, you need to download the Forge component on the page of the component:

If it does not have the Install Now option, you need to Download it on the red button and then you need to go to Service Center.

If the file downloaded is an .oap, you need to go to Factory - Applications menu and select the option Publish application:

If the file downloaded is an .oml, you need to go to Factory - Modules menu and select the option Upload & Publish a module:

Hi,

You can download forge component from 'Install from forge' then open your application and do manage dependency and select forge component name and add dependency .

Thanks.

Solution

Hello Gonçalo,

Hope you're doing well.

If you want to install directly from Forge, you can also do it directly from Service Studio.

1) Go to your Applications and select "Install from Forge":

2) Search for what you want:

3) Click "Open Module" (if it's a module - OML file) and publish it.
Or click "Install" (if it's an application - OAP file):

Hope that this helps you!

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hey Rui but how do I use it in my aplication?

Solution

Hello Gonçalo,

Kind regards,

Rui Barradas

Hey! The problem is that I am trying to add "Back Button Protect" but it is probably not exporting every item and I cant use the module. If you want to, I can send you my OML

Hi Gonçalo,

Since this Forge component is just a module (no application), once you publish it (see my post above), it will be placed in the Independent Modules application:

You can move it to another application using the arrow item next to the trash bin icon.

In any case, you can use the it in your application if you press the manage dependencies button and select the ProtectBackButton web block from ProtectBackButton_Cookie module:

Take into account this is a Traditional Web module and therefore can only be used in Traditional Web applications, not in Mobile nor Reactive applications.

Regards,
João

mvp_badge
MVP