Views
Comments
Solved
Single Sign on Issue and Outsystems issue

Below, I have an attached image of both issues. The first issue involves single sign on and can be seen in the description of my ticket. The second issue is that tickets have not been working for some time now, and it would be nice if they were disabled so I wouldn't have to type out a long paragraph to have it give me an error.

Capture.PNG

Solution

We have found a workaround:

We moved every piece of logic that requires a user id into reactive apps while keeping the landing pages that do not require a user id in traditional. When a traditional app needs the user id, it redirects to reactive. This is a very time-consuming process, but after a year of testing, it has yielded the best result so far.
(We use traditional apps because SEO is not compatible with reactive apps)

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Regarding using SSO between app types read instructions on how to enable they in service center in the following document

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Managing_the_Applications_Lifecycle/Secure_the_Applications/Configure_App_Authentication

The setting Single sign-on between app types (SSO) is available in Platform Server 11.8 and later

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniël, as stated in the image of my attempted ticket, SSO DOES work but DOES NOT work correctly. Let me restate the issue: when I sign into reactive apps, it successfully signs me into traditional apps, but after a certain period of time, I am logged out of the traditional app but not the reactive app. What I would like is to be logged out of both traditional and reactive apps at the same time or, alternatively, not be logged out after a random period of time.

mvp_badge
MVP

Ok I see, let me check this tomorrow, we have SSO between app types active at one customer. 

Regards,

Daniel

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

I did some tests:

SSO Logout works:

1. Logout from RWA, the next action i take in TWA, it automatically redirects to Login screen
  2. Logout from TWA, the next action i take in RWA, it automatically redirects to Login screen 

Regarding your "random"SSO session time out,  how are your application authentication settings in Service Center?

Hello Daniël,

Thank you for checking into that. In our SSO settings, we have everything set to 999 because we have had this issue for about a year with no luck. It is also very difficult to recreate, but here is what we have found so far:

When logged in to both reactive and traditional, there is a certain period of time (currently unknown, but it seems to range from a few minutes to a few hours or days), where you will be logged out of traditional but not reactive IF you are in a reactive app for that period of time. 

This introduces problems because all of our  login screens are reactive since we had a lot of bugs with SSO going from a traditional login to reactive one. When the user clicks log in on traditional, they go to the reactive login where they could already be signed in and then redirected without ever being signed in to traditional, thus looping back to the original page with nothing accomplished. This has been very frustrating because traditional login to reactive is far worse, so it seems that there is simply no way around Outsystem's bugs.

Solution

We have found a workaround:

We moved every piece of logic that requires a user id into reactive apps while keeping the landing pages that do not require a user id in traditional. When a traditional app needs the user id, it redirects to reactive. This is a very time-consuming process, but after a year of testing, it has yielded the best result so far.
(We use traditional apps because SEO is not compatible with reactive apps)