Views
Comments
Solved
[AppLauncherPlugin] Launch not working for outsystems apps, error for URI and Packagename
Question
Forge component by Eduardo Jauch
Published on 07 May 2020
Application Type
Mobile

Hello,

I'm having a problem using this plugin. I cannot open outsytems apps. I have tried to use the URI or the packagename passing the correct app identifier, module, screen.

It only seems to work in other apps (facebook, skype).

Package name: com.outsystemsenterprise.XX.AppName/android.intent.action.SEND
Or
URI : com.outsystemsenterprise.XX.AppName://Module/Screen

for the Facebook and skype case i used only URI

"{""uri"":""fb://""}"

"{""uri"":""skype://""}"

Can you tell if there is any other configuration that i am missing?

Jorge Ribeiro

Solution

Hi Armando, i have found a solution that worked.

Afther many attempts i passed only the package name with the app identifier and it work.

Thanks  for your attention and help.

Best regards

Jorge Ribeiro

mvp_badge
MVP

Hello Jorge,

Are you trying to launch in iOS, Android, or both?

For iOS, you do have to whitelist the apps to be launched. See the Edit Plist file plugin.

For Android, I do not recall needing any special things, just the package name of the app.

I haven't used this in a while, so I'm not sure if anything changed in newer versions of Android.

Cheers!

Hello Armando,

I only trying android, for now.

mvp_badge
MVP

I have this in a sample app that I've created for a customer when using the Launch/CanLaunch action:

"{""uri"": """ + applink + """}"

What are you using as applink? I usually try with the identifier: com.example.appName://

Cheers!

For the app Link i am using the app identifier, just like you.. When i use the CanLunch action it return true, but in the Lunch action return an error

"aplication no found for uri"

mvp_badge
MVP

I would like to help you, but without looking at what you're doing it will be difficult. 

Any chance you can share either publicly or privately so I can take a look?

Cheers!

I Armando, first off all thank you for your help.

I going to share here some prints off my app (this is just a dummy test in order to check if the plugin realy works for your needs)

First i have two buttons to launch to different apps, one is Facebook and the other is my main app (also have the expressions that return the errors:

Them the logic to check is the app can be launched and the launch action:

And at the moment i am passing a URI only with the app identifier wich is not working at the time, I have tried other configurations like i refered above but none seems to work. Só far only worked for facebook, and skype.

Solution

Hi Armando, i have found a solution that worked.

Afther many attempts i passed only the package name with the app identifier and it work.

Thanks  for your attention and help.

Best regards

Jorge Ribeiro