Views
Comments
Why is the file read/write function not standard in Outsystems?
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.9 (Build 38312)

Hi, All.

I wonder if the standard function cannot read/write a file to a specific directory.

It's pretty basic in languages like Java and C #.

The forge component is unstable in release.

I have no problems with the forge component, but as a member of this community you could help improve the component of even make your own?

HI

It's only my guess. The file I/O function is mostly used by desktop applications. 

Outsystems is for the web app.

Kind Regards,

This is true ofcourse, but since Outsystems provides more than web applications it should and is available.

I have done projects where i had to build textfiles from data received form integration. I had no problem whatsoever.

Thank you for your answer.

I'm worried about using forge components that aren't certified by Outsystems. Especially in the core system of a company.

File I / O is also used in web applications, and I think Outsystems may also be used as a batch application.

I think the current best answer for file I / O is to create an extension in C #.

I look forward to it: Hoping you will put it on the forge afterwards.

By the way: Its ok to use forge components that are not certified by Outsystems. Before using one i always check if its commonly used. 

Another option is to join the development group of the component. this way you can help improve the component instead of creating one yourself.