Views
Comments
Solved
Changing password in Database
Platform Version

Hi to all

We have On-Permise installation.
And we've faced a a problem: after changing the password for system users in the Oracle Database, the test environment cannot be launched

Actions were performed according to this article - https://success.outsystems.com/Support/Enterprise_Customers/Maintenance_and_Operations/How_to_change_the_password_of_OutSystems_database_users

But ConfigurationTool gives us an error at ServiceCenter installation stage on Controller Server: the account is locked.
We understand that this account is OSRuntime
In this case, we are talking about the system user - OSRuntime
Did it several times, but the mistake is the same
In theory, accessing the database with the old password should not be

And it is not clear whether the ServiceCenter itself makes an incorrect appeal or something, after all, the functionality continues to knock on the Database and blocks the user.

Has anyone faced a similar problem?

Solution

Everything worked out.

The database administrator changed the password for one of the users during the ServiceCenter compilation

Hi, Doesn't matter which OS user but you can generate a Hash & update the password for any user from ossys_user table.
For instance in my case while registering a platform on Lifetime [ On-Premises ] My Env Service Center Admin password was changed & in that case I used the Query approach on DB_Server of that Env.

Used this link to generate the hash:
https://globalsupport.outsystemsenterprise.com/HashPassword/

And then the query:
UPDATE ossys_user
SET password = '<hash>'
WHERE username = 'admin'
and tenant_id in (SELECT id FROM ossys_tenant WHERE name = 'ServiceCenter');

Hope it helps,
assif

Hello assif_tiger,

Thank you for your answer 

It'll be enough? After all, the same password from the database is recorded on each server in the server.hsconf file

Solution

Everything worked out.

The database administrator changed the password for one of the users during the ServiceCenter compilation