Views
Comments
Solved
Being able to deselect an item from a ButtonGroup
Question
Application Type
Reactive

Hi there.

I have a ButtonGroup widget in my screen, and I need the user to be able to deselect an item which they previously selected. Is there any way I could achieve this?

Any help would be appreciated :)

Solution

Hi Yizuhi,

That's not the default scenario but you can achieve that.

You have to set an event on the button group item onclick, like this:

And then on your action, you have an if to check if the value is selected (in my case Integer = 1), I set the variable to its default value (in my case -1), otherwise, I set the value to Integer = 1.

I send you an OML in attachment, you can see the button "First" which was the only one I implemented this logic.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

ReactiveSandboxDeselectButtonGroup.oml

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed. (I can't believe I didn't think of that before, though *facepalm*)

Hi Yizuhi,

Can you explain more or send some images for we understand better what you need?

Look this example that i created:

See the example in attachment .OML

Regards.

ListExample.oml

Solution

Hi Yizuhi,

That's not the default scenario but you can achieve that.

You have to set an event on the button group item onclick, like this:

And then on your action, you have an if to check if the value is selected (in my case Integer = 1), I set the variable to its default value (in my case -1), otherwise, I set the value to Integer = 1.

I send you an OML in attachment, you can see the button "First" which was the only one I implemented this logic.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

ReactiveSandboxDeselectButtonGroup.oml

Thank you so much, this is exactly what I needed. (I can't believe I didn't think of that before, though *facepalm*)