[Location Plugin] Plugin not working - inconsistent results
Question
Forge component by OutSystems R&D
Application Type
Mobile

This appears to be quite recent, but also extremely urgent. I'm getting a timeout error when trying to make use of this plugin. It has been working fine since we started using it. But today we started having issues where it does not return the Latitude and Longitude - causing our app to stop users from using the app.

After some investigating - I see that I get a timeout error - not system but plugin related. I normally left the timeout input parameter blank and things worked out fine, but now I placed 30000 into the Timeout parameter.

I have 4 cases that I've looked at - all Android users - 2 get their locations and 2 don't. 3 of them are in our Dev environment and 1 in Production

There is no descernable pattern or reason I can think of why it would stop working out of the blue, when we didn't even change anything. Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

I have since increased it to 60 seconds - and still get the same result on some of the Android devices

We've got the same issue here, sometimes the return value of the both coordinates are null. I tried to create an if-loop for null (0) coordinates but it creates an infinite loop process on several devices.

The application we had already in production, I think this needs a follow-up.

@Aditya Eka Prabowo I would kindly ask you the same, can you provide us with a little more detail? :) 

For instance:

• Which MABS version are you using?
  • For the devices that are failing to get the location (with a timeout):
    • What is their location?
    • What version of Android are they using?
    • What are the specific devices (e.g. Google Pixel 4)

Best regards,

Alexandre Jacinto

Hello Alexandre,

• We are using MABS Version 6.3
  • The location for both coordinates are 0 latitude and 0 longitude, the Android and devices are vary because it could happened across all the Android devices, but it usually happened when the first time run the Get Location action. After the second time running the action process it would returned normal coordinates.

This is how we implemented the Get Location:

Do we need to set a timeout? What about the MaximumAge parameter usability? 

@Robert Honiball can you provide us with a little more detail? :) 

For example:

• Which MABS version are you using?
  • For the devices that are failing to get the location (with a timeout):
    • What is their location?
    • What version of Android are they using?
    • What are the specific devices (e.g. Google Pixel 4)

Best regards,

Alexandre Jacinto

Hello,

We checked the code and made tests with some devices, it is normal that if the time out is too low, it will not resolve the location. With High Accuracy enable and with a zero timeout it may tend to fail.

We suggest using a maximum age to get the values already stored in the cache(does not apply the first time you run it).

Best regards,

Carlos Corrêa 

Here, I have the same problem, and sometimes the return value of both coordinates is null. I tried to construct an if-loop for null (0) coordinates, but on several devices, it produces an infinite loop operation.

Hey can you give me the new code. or tell me some solution for this.?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.