Comments
Solved
Data Conversion
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.9 (Build 38645)

Hi,

i'm new to OutSystems and i'm searching for replacement or a way to do some Conversion 

i have a Text var ="123456789CW123" for example and i need to replace every Char with its ASCII value.

i tried to use TextToBinaryData but it return Binary and i can't add it to the Text any how.

Thank you

Solution

Hi Tamer,

Now that I understood your need better, I went ahead and created an extension which does the trick. See below a demo:

I am sending you an .OAP in attachment with the extension and the demo.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

SwapCharsByASCIIValue.oap

I am not sure what you are trying to achieve. do you want the text to be converted from utf-8 to ascii or do you want the ascii-codes for each character?

The other way around is standard available in outsystems: chr(c). Ofcourse its very easy to create it yourself, but i would guess something already exists in the forge, hence my question.

Hi Stefano,

what exactly i need is to check for any letter in the Text and replace it with its ascii code.

var ="123456789SA123" => to be"1234567898365123"

chr() take integer to get the corresponding letter, i need the reverse action.

Thank you

Hi Tamer,

You can try to use the ASCII Utilities or HEX_ASCII_Converter forge components, they should provide actions for your purpose.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,

João

Hi João,

it's not what i needed, Thank you.

Solution

Hi Tamer,

Now that I understood your need better, I went ahead and created an extension which does the trick. See below a demo:

I am sending you an .OAP in attachment with the extension and the demo.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

SwapCharsByASCIIValue.oap

If you need this servserside you need to create an extension.

Most easy way is to use javascript:

function ascii (a) { return a.charCodeAt(0); }

Thank you both for your responses.

i was trying to avoid creating an extension, by finding built-in methods /API to do so.

Thank you again 

hi @João Marques @Stefano Valente ,

Both of you are awesome!

Learning a lot from you both.

Regards,

Chris