Views
Comments
Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens Screens should have custom Roles set

Hi,

In the Architecture Dashboard there is an issue "Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens Screens should have custom Roles set". I'm not understanding how to solve this properly. I already tried to check/uncheck the Anonymous Role, Registered Role but it shows always that issue. Thanks!

Hi Jake,

In Logic Tab, there is a Role folder in which you can create your own Roles. With it done, you can use them all over your solution.

Documentation

Hope it helps.

Best regards

Thanks, but for example this issue "
Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens Screens should have custom Roles set" that appears on the architecture dashboard is only appearing in screens that are in espace using html2topdfconverter. Maybe the pdf integration has something related to this issue? Thanks!

Hi Jake,

Have you added any custom role specific to your application or is it just default roles available in your project? If not could you please try to add a new custom role and assign that role to that screen?

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

Avoid Anonymous and/or Registered access Screens Screens should have custom Roles set" that appears on the architecture dashboard is only appearing in screens that are in espace using html2topdfconverter. Maybe the pdf integration has something related to this issue? Thanks!

Thanks, like that, creating a new role and only check that role and uncheck admin and anonymous role, the pdf doesnt open it appears that is not possible open the file.

Hi Jake,

Let me add to the answers already presented that this security measure will ensure that only registered users will be able to access the app. 

If you don't create a custom role for this app, all registered users (even those which are logged in another apps in the same environment) will be able to access the app. Don't forget to assign the custom role to the users you want to give access to the screen (you can use the Users app for that).

Cheers,

António Pereira 

mvp_badge
MVP

Jake B,

You are replying to each and every reply of people that try to help with the same response.

Any reason for that?

Regards,

Daniel

Hi! Because its the same doubt based on the answers. In that cases is better to reply to only in one answer? Thanks!

Hi Jake B,

Good morning!

As far as I know, anonymous role is the only way for it. If you want to added security, please refer to this post.

https://www.outsystems.com/forums/discussion/17923/html2pdfconverter-faq/#Post84570

If you think it's a false positive in the Architecture Dashboard, then I guess snoozing will be your way on it.

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Chris