Views
Comments
Solved
Javascript being included in all traditional web applications
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hi all,

I have a strange problem which is causing me a serious headache. I hope anyone can help.

We have a tradional web application in which a <script> tag is being included. It is included in the <head>, just before the <title>. See screenshot below. I've masked the source but that's the script being loaded.

It's unclear to us where this script comes from. There is no Javascript defined in the screen or module.

We've added a new, totally empty screen and in this screen the script is also loaded. So we added a new traditional web application and even in this application the script is being loaded! It looks as if this script is loaded in all our traditional web applications. We've checked out reactive web application and there the script is not being loaded.

Does anybody have any idea how this is possible?

Solution

Hi Ramon, It doesn't necessarily need to have a module still using the API. If at some point you had used it may be that the script is still configured on the platform. Just to double-check, create a screen to fetch the list of active scripts injected on your web apps using the API action Script_List (which return a list of the current configured scripts). If you find it, you can then call  Script_Delete.

HI Ramon

Hope you are doing well.

That you masked is the most important information. Can you at least tell us the js file name?

Kind Regards,

Hi Tom,

I'm fine, thanks. And thanks for the reply, Hope you're ok as well.

The filename is "config_brugman.js".The part before that is the url of an external js script we use in one of our applications (traditional web). So I guess that wasn't clear in my original post, the file itself isn't strange to us. We just can't find why or where it is loaded. And it should no longer be loaded.

HI Ramon

Thanks for the reply.  I just want to know if it's related to some OutSystems platform javascript.
This is really strange behavior, and I have no idea why it happens.

Hope someone else could help you.

Kind regards,

Odds are you are probably using(or used) somewhere  IncludeJavascript_API to add scripts.
"..API for including scripts in Web Screens for all web apps running in the environment.."

Reference:
https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/11/Reference/OutSystems_APIs/IncludeJavascript_API

Also check the preparation of the theme blocks that you are using for the screens. 

Thank you for your answers but I've checked the preparation of the blocks, searched to modules but can't find it.

Solution

Hi Ramon, It doesn't necessarily need to have a module still using the API. If at some point you had used it may be that the script is still configured on the platform. Just to double-check, create a screen to fetch the list of active scripts injected on your web apps using the API action Script_List (which return a list of the current configured scripts). If you find it, you can then call  Script_Delete.

Thanks @Arley Silveira! That was it. The script was still configured and being loaded although it wasn't in any of our modules anymore. I've deleted the script and it's gone. Thanks a million!