Views
Comments
Solved
Why related attribute not added as combobocs autamatically into the form
Application Type
Traditional Web

I create screen with form

Source for that this entity:

Why attribute Client doesn't display? What i have to do, then i can add record bi a TESTClient Entity? Thanks.

Solution

Hi Mikhail,

Your ClientId is an identifier of an entity and these ones are not created automatically. Inputs of identifiers of static entities are created automatically as comboboxes since they are a limited set of options and therefore fit the use case of the combobox.

In case you have many clients (for instance 5k), scrolling through a combobox to select one may not be the best option.

In any case, if it fits your use case, you can have a query on the Client entity on Preparation, drag a combobox to the screen and bind it to the query.

Consider using other widgets (from OutSystemsUIWeb for example) which include the ability to search in case you have a lot of records for a better user experience.

Kind Regards,

João

Thank you. I thought so

Hi Mikhail 

Hope you are doing well.

What is a type of ClientId? Is it another Entity's identifier?

If Outsystems accelerator does not create the field automatically, you can always add it manually.

Please share the oml,  so I can look into it, and create a sample for you.

Kind Regards

Thank you

Solution

Hi Mikhail,

Your ClientId is an identifier of an entity and these ones are not created automatically. Inputs of identifiers of static entities are created automatically as comboboxes since they are a limited set of options and therefore fit the use case of the combobox.

In case you have many clients (for instance 5k), scrolling through a combobox to select one may not be the best option.

In any case, if it fits your use case, you can have a query on the Client entity on Preparation, drag a combobox to the screen and bind it to the query.

Consider using other widgets (from OutSystemsUIWeb for example) which include the ability to search in case you have a lot of records for a better user experience.

Kind Regards,

João

Thank you. I thought so