Issue converting Date from UTC to Australian
Application Type
Traditional Web
Service Studio Version
11.10.11 (Build 39017)
Platform Version
11.9.1 (Build 20359)

Hi I'm experiencing difficulties in getting the TimeZone extension to work properly after upgrading.

This is observed in Development Environment (v11) . Basically our Platform recently got upgraded from v10 to v11 and since the upgrade, the users used to get a 'TimeZone' error on their page. At that point our application was still running the Timezone App from old version. I then got help from Outsystems helpdesk and they suggested to re-install this Time Zone App altogether and then copy the additional code from old version of the app, into new. 

The errors disappeared and UI screens were available after I performed the above step. However, there's an issue on one of our client screens where its supposed to check if the selected date from Date picker is today's date. And for some reason its' still identifying the date as UTC. What we want is for it to recognize that the selected date is AEDT (Australia, Sydney). 

Looking at the UI flow the date picker, I can see its source it the Date Picker Web block but am unable to edit the WB. Also I was unable to find a place to add the time Offset where it offsets UTC time to Australian. 

I have also gone through this app forum but was not able to get the answers I need. I also went to the sample Timezone application where I managed to find the country code and offset hours. However, its not known as to where exactly the code needs to be entered or if needs to be added in Service studio somewhere?

Am attaching the module which I need help with. Its the "DateAssessment Undertaken" and "OutCome Confirmation Date" fields. Wanted to attach some screenshots aswell as our custom Timezone app but cannot attach more than one files.

Can you please have a look and provide any help. Also because of this timezone Issue we are unable to migrate our Production Environment to v11 because the same issue will happen in Prod aswell.

Many thanks

Jigar

ReferralEligibilityDEV.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Jigar,

I got a bit lost in your explanation. But from what I understood your server time is UTC and your clients are in AEDT.

If this is the case you need to convert the date to utc before doing the check for the today's date. You do that with the timezone component.

You can look into this forge component to understand how to handle time zones.

If this is not the case can you explain me the differences from my assumptions.

Regards,

Marcelo

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.