How to fully recover a deleted eSpace?
Platform Version

Hi everyone.
The other similar posts do not answer fully to my needs.

An eSpace was accidently deleted from the PreProduction environment of my project. By the way, our platfomr is still OS10!

- we already queried for the eSpace in the database. We found it with its name slightly different eSpace_name(deleted0);

- with the eSpace id we navigated to https://<server>/ServiceCenter/eSpace_Edit.aspx?EspaceId=<eSpaceID>  successfully;

But then, some issues came by:

- in order to recover the eSpace I published the eSpace via ServiceCenter. But now, there is no data in the aggregate previews!!! I also found out that my recovered eSpace duplicated the existing entities and those (with no data) seem to be in usage by Service Studio;

- the module was published but I can't find it an any application. Not even in the 'Independent Modules';

- also, the eSpace name is still presenting the '(deleted0)' suffix.

Is there a recipe to fully recover an eSpace to the exact point it was before deletion? If not, if manual inserting&updating is needed in the Outsystems system entities, could someone help me with the walkthrough?

Thank you!

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi,

Why not use this Forge component to recover the module correctly?

https://www.outsystems.com/forge/component-overview/8187/recovery-modules

Regards,

Daniel

Hi Daniel.

Because that component is OS11 compatible, not for OS10 :(

Thank you!

mvp_badge
MVP

Ha sorry missed that, always for some are still on version 10.

Why not open the component in your personal environment and inspect the code.

It will tell you how to do it, it isn't a lot you can probably rebuild it for v10 in 15 minutes or so, no v11 specific code in it.

No problem :)

I inspected it already. It searches (by name) for the modules existing in the eSpace entity and then one is able to download the last 5 available versions of it.

I have already recovered the eSpaces when I navigated directly to my deleted eSpace by id: (https://<server>/ServiceCenter/eSpace_Edit.aspx?EspaceId=<eSpaceID>). The problem is that publishing the deleted eSpaces, created new entities with no data. The old entities still exist in the database with data. 

So, I am wondering if I made something wrong while recovering the module, or if reconfiguring the physical entity is part of the recovery process (if so, how?).

Thank you :)

mvp_badge
MVP

You do it different to what the forge component does. I did it a few years ago, don't recall it created new tables. I will give it a try tomorrow morning. 

mvp_badge
MVP

Hi Filipe,

You are right, but the good thing is that the tables are still there and you can query them with the SQL Sandbox to insert the data in the correct (new) table. To find out the table name of the deleted module use DB Cleaner On Steroids.

Regards,

Daniel

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.