How to import excel data (user side) from outSystems reactive app?

I want to import the excel data as many times as possible along with creating and update options. By pressing the excel icon app should fetch the data and insert it. Is that possible?. If possible please share the solution. 

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Densingh,

I have made a demo with a use case like yours so you can see how you can implement it.

Sachin's suggestion is about bootstrapping a file from a timer with a file set in at design-time, so you would need to publish every time thus it's not practical if you want to change it multiple times and as a user, not as a developer.

My demo uses a file that you can upload on the screen and have your data changed on run-time.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

ReactiveSandboxUploadExcel.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

And the excel of example for you to test.

TestUpload.xlsx

Hi Joao Marques,

Can you please give me the solution if I have to import the data from a single sheet to multiple tables?

Hi Densingh,

Please refer the below link to bootstrap the data from excel to entity. Once a server action has been created into the you can modify it to add/update the records for next time. 

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/10/Developing_an_Application/Use_Data/Bootstrap_an_Entity_Using_an_Excel_File

https://success.outsystems.com/Documentation/How-to_Guides/Data/How_to_update_a_Bootstrap_Action_to_fetch_an_entity_identifier_from_Excel

Thanks & Kind Regards,

Sachin

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Densingh,

I have made a demo with a use case like yours so you can see how you can implement it.

Sachin's suggestion is about bootstrapping a file from a timer with a file set in at design-time, so you would need to publish every time thus it's not practical if you want to change it multiple times and as a user, not as a developer.

My demo uses a file that you can upload on the screen and have your data changed on run-time.

Hope it helps.

Kind Regards,
João

ReactiveSandboxUploadExcel.oml

mvp_badge
MVP

And the excel of example for you to test.

TestUpload.xlsx

Hi Joao Marques,

Can you please give me the solution if I have to import the data from a single sheet to multiple tables?

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.