Can I change save/cancel icon to other language in Editable table
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello, I desire below icon to change other language.Is it possible?

Best Regard

Hayasaka

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Hayaska,

Based on my understanding to the mentioned use-case. I have framed out an implemenation which I guess could help you.

Refer to this sample screen: CustomEditableTable Screen

Please find the attached .oml file

Followed Solution Steps:

• Basically, I have used some custom JS to achieve the use-case
  • Define a web block wrapped with JS code to manipulate the Default EditableTable functionality
  • Place the same webblock to the screen, wherever it's required
  • Pass the input parameter values to the block i.e. Text/String Replacement of Icon - encapsulated with multi-lingual inline-function (to fulfil your multilingual use-case) e.g. TranslateText("Save")
  • Define the CSS class definitin in the block stylesheet section for the replaced text <span> tag

Note: Sorry! I'm not that good with JS, request you to optimize the defined JS code as per your understanding and expertise :)

Hope this helps you!

Let me know if you need any more help.

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALabCustomEditableTable.oml

Hi Benjith Sam,

I updated JS code part of the delete icon.I don't need delete text.I replaced Japanese text in Web Block. And then I did as your instruction.Finally updated CSS  stylesheet.It's really work. Thanks for your explanation.

Best Regards,

Haysaka

Hi Hayasaka Kenichi,

Can you please elaborate your question, what I understand from your query is , you want to change the ICON to other LANGUAGE ? or while you use other language the icons will change ?

Multilingual functionality is applicable only for text.

Please confirm to help you with answer.

Regards,

Komal

Hi Komal,  I want to change ICON to Text( e.g Tick Icon to Save(Text) )

Thanks for your attention.

Hayaska

Multilingual functionality is applicable only for text, we can not move icons to text in multilingual. 

You can give save text in English language and then translate it to other languages by using multilingual functionality given by Outsystems.

If not , then you can use switch in table and manually give the translated text for required language. 

Regards,

Komal

mvp_badge
MVP
Solution

Hi Hayaska,

Based on my understanding to the mentioned use-case. I have framed out an implemenation which I guess could help you.

Refer to this sample screen: CustomEditableTable Screen

Please find the attached .oml file

Followed Solution Steps:

• Basically, I have used some custom JS to achieve the use-case
  • Define a web block wrapped with JS code to manipulate the Default EditableTable functionality
  • Place the same webblock to the screen, wherever it's required
  • Pass the input parameter values to the block i.e. Text/String Replacement of Icon - encapsulated with multi-lingual inline-function (to fulfil your multilingual use-case) e.g. TranslateText("Save")
  • Define the CSS class definitin in the block stylesheet section for the replaced text <span> tag

Note: Sorry! I'm not that good with JS, request you to optimize the defined JS code as per your understanding and expertise :)

Hope this helps you!

Let me know if you need any more help.

Kind regards,

Benjith Sam

TWALabCustomEditableTable.oml

Hi Benjith Sam,

I updated JS code part of the delete icon.I don't need delete text.I replaced Japanese text in Web Block. And then I did as your instruction.Finally updated CSS  stylesheet.It's really work. Thanks for your explanation.

Best Regards,

Haysaka

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.