[Custom Input Masks] Mask Currency - Tabbing Into Field and Typing a '-' for Negative Number
Forge component by Sara Gonçalves
Application Type
Traditional Web

Hello,

When using the Mask Currency component on an input widget, and you tab into that field (everything gets highlighted in the field) and press '-' to start a negative number the cursor goes to the back of value and then you are unable to start typing again unless you use the backspace key.

In my Mask Currency I am using Decimal Digits of 2 and Prefix of "$".

Has anyone had this problem and know a way to fix it? The intended behavior would be the ability to tab into the field and type "-" directly followed by the negative number that you want to enter.

Thank you!

Hi Clayton Heick

By default, you can't use negative values for currency type, meanwhile, if you need to use it you need to add a condition in the AdvancedOptions parameter to allow it. check the screenshot.

Regards,

Gonçalo Almeida

Hello Clayton Heick,

I did an app to try solve your issue, I think it will do the trick. Basically the caret needs to be repositioned after the input focus and since I couldn't find a way to do that with the Plugin alone, I'm using a bit of JavaScript to achieve that.

Not the best solution but let me know if this works for you.

Regards,

Rúben Santos 

InputMaskTest.oap

Community GuidelinesBe kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting.